Peace Dollar Date Set CAC — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Peace Dollar Date Set CAC

I started a Philly date set a couple of years ago. I havent purchased anything to add to the set in a while. It is an easier 10 coin set to complete. I have some of the harder dates out of the way. Heres to hoping i can buy more next year.

Comments

• Nice eye appeal but the 1928 seems over graded. To many marks on the cheek. 1934 looks much better. Nice set though

• edited December 2021

Grading peace dollars is more about where they start and going back subtracting marks then a rule of thumb with marks. A strong strike with radiant luster starting at say 66 and going back to 64 via bag marks will have more marks than say a dull example with a weak eagle and relatively clean surfaces which too may 64.

• Very Nice, this is my 64. I think it would have graded higher but you can see it has some kind of roller mark on the neck. Otherwise nice coin

• Still surprised it got a CAC unless it looks much better in hand. Looks like a war zone on the face. And my 1899 o rattler everyone’s saying 64 and it looks much better than this 64+.

• The '21 looks like a super nice 63.
  • @Peacedollar your ‘34 looks very clean. 
  • edited December 2021
    If everyone took pics like the OP, it would be easy to buy coins online.  That 1928 is a no games played shot.  NO WAY PCGS and CAC have it wrong at the same time.
  • edited December 2021
    The stuff on the cheek of the 28 is probably superficial luster breaks.  Certain photos really over-emphasize this compared to the in-hand look.  Photograph that at a slightly different angle and they'll probably disappear altogether.

• Wabbit said:
    If everyone took pics like the OP, it would be easy to buy coins online.  That 1928 is a no games played shot.  NO WAY PCGS and CAC have it wrong at the same time.
    It can happen. Maybe CAC was subconsciously influenced by the PCGS +. Unless camera shot is decieving. Too much cheek chatter 
  • Here are some better shots of the 28 where the lighting doesn't hyper focus on the luster breaks.