Please post your PCGS Quarterly Special Reconsideration results here. — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Please post your PCGS Quarterly Special Reconsideration results here.

Always interesting to see. Expecting my own results next week....

Comments

• I've got a regular grading order in with them since mid July, still in grading. Glad you're getting results fairly soon (comparatively).
  • I got four pluses out of 30 coins submitted, but I’m thrilled (due to the discounted pricing, I submitted more coins than I normally would have submitted). All coins have CAC’s.

Two Indian cents received pluses, as did two high grade coins:

1. 1866 Two Cent MS66RD got a plus;
    2. 1918 Standing Lib Quarter MS66FH also got a plus.

Steve

• Two Indian cents received pluses, as did two high grade coins:

Steve

Congrats, Steve! Do you have any images of the four coins that received pluses? I am always curious as to what coins are considered deserving of the plus.

Dave
  • drddm said:

Two Indian cents received pluses, as did two high grade coins:

Steve

Congrats, Steve! Do you have any images of the four coins that received pluses? I am always curious as to what coins are considered deserving of the plus.

Dave

1. 1886 Type 1, went from MS65RD to MS65+RD. This is the ONLY coin in this grade by PCGS (only 8 finer):

2. 1892 went from MS65RD to MS65+RD. Just like the coin above, this is the ONLY coin in this grade by PCGS:

3. 1866 Two Cent, went from MS66RD to MS66+RD. PCGS Pop only 4, NONE finer!

4. 1918 SLQ MS66FH went to MS66+FH.

While the first two had nice increases in market value, the SLQ had a very large increase, and the 2 cent piece had a giant increase. The extra Registry points are nice too.

Steve

• You did great Stephen!

I sent 5 coins, all Franklins. Two I felt were numerical upgrade candidates and three I felt were deserving of a FBL designation.

All I got on the five was a single FBL was applied to a 1949-S.

As most all Franklin collectors are aware, PCGS's FBL standard is not really a standard at all because of the very significant fluctuations over the years. At the present time I feel PCGS is far too strict for FBL, but there were quite a few years where they were far too liberal.

• Beautiful coins, Steven, and from their looks, very deserving of the plus!
    Congrats again!

Dave
  • drddm said:

Beautiful coins, Steven, and from their looks, very deserving of the plus!
    Congrats again!

Dave

Thanks for your kind words.

Steve