Kearny, NJ Post Office Delays - It's Not Personal, JA. - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Kearny, NJ Post Office Delays - It's Not Personal, JA.

Comments

• Received a phone call from my local PO on my two open "Find my Package" cases. I was told that Registered Mail requires a "hand to hand" process and as a result, they take a "little longer". I responded that nothing was being handed to anybody in the Kearny Post Office. I asked them to contact the Kearny office and inquire on my shipments. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, no movement whatsoever:

Tim
  • Received a phone call from my local PO on my two open "Find my Package" cases. I was told that Registered Mail requires a "hand to hand" process and as a result, they take a "little longer". I responded that nothing was being handed to anybody in the Kearny Post Office. I asked them to contact the Kearny office and inquire on my shipments. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, no movement whatsoever:

Tim

A Registered envelope recently sent by my firm took 4.5 months to be delivered just 20.4 miles away. But every Registered large box that we shipped this year to anywhere arrived in one to eight days.

As for your delayed package, you need to file an online Help Request Form every three days until delivery. That is the only action that works now.
  • JACAC said:

Typical. Meanwhile, the Bedminster NJ Post Office is still refusing to service our account! :(

Maybe JA also did not give the Bedminister Post Office an elaborate enough XMAS cookies?

• Spoke to the local Postmaster twice yesterday. He was also unable to reach the Kearny Post Office. Now at Day 9 and Day 7 respectively for my two CAC returns:

Tim
  • edited October 2022
    After my return sub was stuck in Kearny for six days I see that it finally arrived at the Jamaica facility today...where it stayed for all of 2.5 hours before departing for the next facility. @pointfivezero , I hope your packages made similar progress today!
  • Kearny post office reminds me of a horror movie! Very scary....
  • edited October 2022
    These coins "disappeared" in the Kearny post office a few years ago on me. Heritage and Sarasota Rare Coin Gallery made me whole but still a nightmare. I can't help but check their certs once in a while to see if they turn up but I'm sure whoever "found" them was smart enough to crack and resubmit or took them to someone who was.

• Sounds like Kearny should be avoided at all costs.
  • bigtree said:

After my return sub was stuck in Kearny for six days I see that it finally arrived at the Jamaica facility today...where it stayed for all of 2.5 hours before departing for the next facility. @pointfivezero , I hope your packages made similar progress today!

I think our shipments must have been in the same closet. My two shipments finally left Kearny and spent a micro-second in Jamaica before continuing the journey:

Tim
  • That is so unacceptable. And they didn't even bother to scan the departure from Kearny, it just magically arrived in Jamaica. At least they are moving again.
  • @pointfivezero Yes, the timestamps on my shipment were identical to yours. Fingers crossed that there aren't significant delays on the destination end!
  • Thanks @jtlee321 and @bigtree. The saga continues.....

Will post updates next week and hope for a Christmas arrival.

Tim
  • edited October 2022

Thanks @jtlee321 and @bigtree. The saga continues.....

Will post updates next week and hope for a Christmas arrival.

Tim

Are you filing an online Help Request Form every three days? I hate to keep repeating myself but in my experience they are the most effective actions possible for speeding up Registered Mail deliveries.
  • We have a meter , we basically spoon feed them and they still refused.  The employees there are telling me that they were going to lodge grievances against Cac. 
  • CACfan said:
    Thanks @jtlee321 and @bigtree. The saga continues..... Will post updates next week and hope for a Christmas arrival. Tim
    Are you filing an online Help Request Form every three days? I hate to keep repeating myself but in my experience they are the most effective actions possible for speeding up Registered Mail deliveries.
    I had to wait three days for the “Find my Package” process to complete.  If there is no additional movement by Monday, I will file the Help Request.  Thanks again for the recommendation.

Tim
  • JACAC said:
    We have a meter , we basically spoon feed them and they still refused.  The employees there are telling me that they were going to lodge grievances against Cac. 
    I don’t know what to tell you, @JACAC.  Almost sounds like a personal vendetta on their part.

Tim
  • I am very reluctant to ship anything from my area. Had a territorial $10 stolen earlier this year via Express Mail. Dealer had insurance but hated to lose that one. Was sent in a flat envelope. Bottom was cut open and coin removed. Should have been in a flat box with the heavy duty tape. I have received boxes that were accidentally (not!) stomped on where the tape kept everything intact. If a package arrives in New Orleans after 6am it sits there until the next day. Not a great place to store valuables. Nothing like your registered mail stories though.
  • Coinbert said:

I am very reluctant to ship anything from my area. Had a territorial $10 stolen earlier this year via Express Mail. Dealer had insurance but hated to lose that one. Was sent in a flat envelope. Bottom was cut open and coin removed. Should have been in a flat box with the heavy duty tape. I have received boxes that were accidentally (not!) stomped on where the tape kept everything intact. If a package arrives in New Orleans after 6am it sits there until the next day. Not a great place to store valuables. Nothing like your registered mail stories though.

Valuable items should ALWAYS be sent via REGISTERED MAIL, in a HUGE box in order to speed up delivery. David Akers of Paramount once said that his firm had sent millions of Registered mailings yet not lost a single one! If you wish to use riskier Express Mail, you should also use a HUGE box, which in my experience reduces the risk of theft or other loss.
  • Cacfan.  I love  your large box strategy.  Does it cost more to ship a larger box?  JA 
  • JACAC said:

Cacfan.  I love  your large box strategy.  Does it cost more to ship a larger box?  JA 

Hi JA,

Large boxes usually cost nothing extra because you are usually using Priority Mail for Registered parcels. The extra few ounces will not affect the postage cost.

But if think that your local post office hates you now, expect downright hostility if you show up with a group of huge Registered boxes, LOL. USPS dislikes them because they take up so much space in the secured areas where Registered Mail is stored, such as safes, locked cages, locked offices, locked vehicles, etc.