Kearny, NJ Post Office Delays - It's Not Personal, JA. - Page 4 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Kearny, NJ Post Office Delays - It's Not Personal, JA.

Comments

• jtlee321 said:
    I'm glad yours finally made it. My return package just arrived in Kearny last night. I hope it doesn't have a travel agent that booked it for a weeks stay. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Fantastic results on that 1.2 Rattler!! I'll trade you a TCGS 65 for your PCGS 63. ;)
    hhhmmm, a 1.1 for a defunct holder.  I’ll get right back to you on that….

Seriously, keep us updated on the progress (or lack thereof) of your return.

Tim
  • These coins "disappeared" in the Kearny post office a few years ago on me. Heritage and Sarasota Rare Coin Gallery made me whole but still a nightmare. I can't help but check their certs once in a while to see if they turn up but I'm sure whoever "found" them was smart enough to crack and resubmit or took them to someone who was.

I thought True View picks up on images automatically like running finger prints .  

Anyone know if this is true ?

Beautiful coins for sure .   What a shame .

The books I sent you are currently sitting in the Kerney post office.  🤦🏻‍♂️
  • These coins "disappeared" in the Kearny post office a few years ago on me. Heritage and Sarasota Rare Coin Gallery made me whole but still a nightmare. I can't help but check their certs once in a while to see if they turn up but I'm sure whoever "found" them was smart enough to crack and resubmit or took them to someone who was.

I thought True View picks up on images automatically like running finger prints .  

i’m not sure if “picking up on images” of individual coin identity “finger  prints” is being done yet or done correctly yet, but you are certainly thinking the way we all should

thank you so much!

• I thought True View picks up on images automatically like running finger prints .  

Thanks, I look forward to getting them. I have confidence the books will make it. I am guessing whoever "found" those coins is less interested in reading about them.

Your coins were stolen by postal thieves because they were not sent via Registered Mail, which travels hand to hand, is always signed for at every transfer, and is stored in locked caged, offices, vehicles, and safes at all times. It is also monitored by postal police and postal inspectors.

The whole purpose of the OP was to complain about the delay of a Registered parcel and Registered Mail in general. But hereon and in several other threads on this forum, I have disclosed how to speed up its deliveries, mainly to use a box whose dimensions are a minimum of 12 X 12 X 12 inches (anything larger than 12 inches on any side can add gargantuan surcharges).

As such, there is a way to combine the extreme security of Registered Mail and reasonably fast shipping time. Because our firm uses all of my tricks, almost all of the Registered boxes sent this year have arrived at their destinations within one to five days, with the single longest taking eight days. Packages sent the farthest (about 3,000 miles) have consistently been delivered in two to four days.

Ironically, one of our Registered boxes arrived at CAC in merely one day despite having to travel nearly 100 miles via an extremely populated route. Yet, almost every "guaranteed one day" Express mailing sent to us from a nearby coin firm has had a transit time of two to three days.
  • CACfan said:
    These coins "disappeared" in the Kearny post office a few years ago on me. Heritage and Sarasota Rare Coin Gallery made me whole but still a nightmare. I can't help but check their certs once in a while to see if they turn up but I'm sure whoever "found" them was smart enough to crack and resubmit or took them to someone who was.
    Your coins were stolen by postal thieves because they were not sent via Registered Mail, which travels hand to hand, is always signed for at every transfer, and is stored in locked caged, offices, vehicles, and safes at all times. It is also monitored by postal police and postal inspectors. The whole purpose of the OP was to complain about the delay of a Registered parcel and Registered Mail in general. But hereon and in several other threads on this forum, I have disclosed how to speed up its deliveries, mainly to use a box whose dimensions are a minimum of 12 X 12 X 12 inches (anything larger than 12 inches on any side can add gargantuan surcharges). As such, there is a way to combine the extreme security of Registered Mail and reasonably fast shipping time. Because our firm uses all of my tricks, almost all of the Registered boxes sent this year have arrived at their destinations within one to five days, with the single longest taking eight days. Packages sent the farthest (about 3,000 miles) have consistently been delivered in two to four days. Ironically, one of our Registered boxes arrived at CAC in merely one day despite having to travel nearly 100 miles via an extremely populated route. Yet, almost every "guaranteed one day" Express mailing sent to us from a nearby coin firm has had a transit time of two to three days.

You don’t think Heritage Auctions and Sarasota coin used registered mail?    Is registered mail different from express mail with direct signature required ?

• CACfan said:

These coins "disappeared" in the Kearny post office a few years ago on me. Heritage and Sarasota Rare Coin Gallery made me whole but still a nightmare. I can't help but check their certs once in a while to see if they turn up but I'm sure whoever "found" them was smart enough to crack and resubmit or took them to someone who was.

Your coins were stolen by postal thieves because they were not sent via Registered Mail, which travels hand to hand, is always signed for at every transfer, and is stored in locked caged, offices, vehicles, and safes at all times. It is also monitored by postal police and postal inspectors.

The whole purpose of the OP was to complain about the delay of a Registered parcel and Registered Mail in general. But hereon and in several other threads on this forum, I have disclosed how to speed up its deliveries, mainly to use a box whose dimensions are a minimum of 12 X 12 X 12 inches (anything larger than 12 inches on any side can add gargantuan surcharges).

As such, there is a way to combine the extreme security of Registered Mail and reasonably fast shipping time. Because our firm uses all of my tricks, almost all of the Registered boxes sent this year have arrived at their destinations within one to five days, with the single longest taking eight days. Packages sent the farthest (about 3,000 miles) have consistently been delivered in two to four days.

Ironically, one of our Registered boxes arrived at CAC in merely one day despite having to travel nearly 100 miles via an extremely populated route. Yet, almost every "guaranteed one day" Express mailing sent to us from a nearby coin firm has had a transit time of two to three days.

You don’t think Heritage Auctions and Sarasota coin used registered mail?    Is registered mail different from express mail with direct signature required ?

Yes, they are different. Registered mail is supposed to be more secure and they track a chain of custody. I remember one of the two packages did not use registered mail because I remember the USPS worker shaking his head when I asked if there was any way to find it and saying "you have to use registered mail for things like this" or something to that effect. I don't remember how the other one was shipped.

Good suggestions, @CACfan - I like your large box idea.
  • Well my package is finally out of Kearny already through Jamaica. Hmmm, 5 days in Kearny and 4 minutes in Jamaica? That is just not right.

• Well @jtlee321, if my shipments were a barometer, you did quite well at "only" five days in Kearny.

Tim
  • Let me guess, the delayed shipments were caused by the use of small boxes/envelopes versus the large boxes that speed things up.
  • CACfan said:

Let me guess, the delayed shipments were caused by the use of small boxes/envelopes versus the large boxes that speed things up.

Your guess is dead wrong. With the quantity of coins in my submission, no chance it was an envelope or a small box. It should, at the very least, be a medium flat rate box or larger. Plus, I don't or can't control the size of the boxes that CAC uses to ship out return shipments. They try to help keep the customers shipping costs down, so smaller is less expensive. I'm not worried as it has now arrived on the west coast, getting much closer to the final destination.

It's very obvious that the Post Office in Kearny, NJ has a problem with the volume of packages coming from CAC. Granted it's a problem that grew relatively quickly over the last 2 years or so, as prior to that there were no issues that I was aware of. It almost feels like it's a punitive hold.
  • jtlee321 said:

CACfan said:

Let me guess, the delayed shipments were caused by the use of small boxes/envelopes versus the large boxes that speed things up.

Your guess is dead wrong. With the quantity of coins in my submission, no chance it was an envelope or a small box. It should, at the very least, be a medium flat rate box or larger. Plus, I don't or can't control the size of the boxes that CAC uses to ship out return shipments. They try to help keep the customers shipping costs down, so smaller is less expensive. I'm not worried as it has now arrived on the west coast, getting much closer to the final destination.

It's very obvious that the Post Office in Kearny, NJ has a problem with the volume of packages coming from CAC. Granted it's a problem that grew relatively quickly over the last 2 years or so, as prior to that there were no issues that I was aware of. It almost feels like it's a punitive hold.
    MY REPLY: A "medium flat rate box" is still small. When I send Registered Mail to CAC in larger boxes (16 X 12 X 10 or even larger), it takes one to two days to be delivered (yes, as little as one day). But the small boxes coming from CAC take six the eight days to come back to me!

For Registered Mail, box size is directly proportional to transit speed.
  • edited November 2022
    Deleted by me.   Not helpful 
  • I know a coin dealer who was having problems with his local post office. He complained to his congressman. The problem was subsequently remedied although the dealer is unsure about whether or not the complaint was the reason. Thus, maybe CAC could similarly complain?
  • CACfan said:

jtlee321 said:

CACfan said:

MY REPLY: A "medium flat rate box" is still small. When I send Registered Mail to CAC in larger boxes (16 X 12 X 10 or even larger), it takes one to two days to be delivered (yes, as little as one day). But the small boxes coming from CAC take six the eight days to come back to me!

I'll measure the box once it arrives. There are more than 40 coins in the package. Not huge, but certainly not small. I have no issues with my packages arriving at Far Hills in a timely matter, it's coming to me that the issue arises.
  • jtlee321 said:

CACfan said:

jtlee321 said:

CACfan said:

I'll measure the box once it arrives. There are more than 40 coins in the package. Not huge, but certainly not small. I have no issues with my packages arriving at Far Hills in a timely matter, it's coming to me that the issue arises.
    I see, the delayed packages were coming from CAC. That makes more sense. The small shipping boxes used by CAC travel on the Slow Boat to China. Your medium flat rate boxes may be sufficiently sized.

Still, I like 12 X 12 X 12 boxes because 12 inches on any side is the largest allowed before huge surcharges will be added for long distances.
  • CACfan said:

jtlee321 said:

CACfan said:

jtlee321 said:

CACfan said:

I see, the delayed packages were coming from CAC. That makes more sense. The small shipping boxes used by CAC travel on the Slow Boat to China. Your medium flat rate boxes may be sufficiently sized.

Still, I like 12 X 12 X 12 boxes because 12 inches on any side is the largest allowed before huge surcharges will be added for long distances.
    Yes, sorry if there was a disconnect. The issue is coming back from CAC and not going to CAC.
  • The saga continues. USPS managed to load my package on the wrong truck and send it to the other side of the state to Spokane and now it's back in Seattle. I was hoping it was going to be delivered today. Oh well, maybe by Friday.

• jtlee321 said:
    The saga continues. USPS managed to load my package on the wrong truck and send it to the other side of the state to Spokane and now it's back in Seattle. I was hoping it was going to be delivered today. Oh well, maybe by Friday.
    Oh man, Justin.  If it wasn’t for bad luck, you wouldn’t have any luck at all.  Sorry to learn of the latest delay.

Tim
  • Wow! That package sure took a detour!