RIP David Lisot — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

RIP David Lisot

edited October 2022 in General
Many of you had seen him at shows. He was the guy making the videos.

SUPER NICE guy. Died too early from complications from a routine surgery (OMG something I had a zillion times).

My heart is heavy. My prayers to his family. We lost a good one-a real good one too early. The ANA made a limited announcement.

Comments

• I always enjoyed his videos. Very sorry to hear this. 
  • Loved his videos. He seemed like a really nice guy. Condolences to his loved ones
  • His library of videos and interviews were the best. I am so sorry to hear this.
  • He was always enthusiastic and friendly in my interactions with him. He certainly loved what he was doing. RIP.
  • Sorry for your loss Laura .  May your friend David RIP. 🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • Mr. Lisot was an amazing interviewer.

He's more recently remembered for "Cool Coins," but for me, it was really his interviews with notable figures in U.S. numismatics in the 1980s that really keep me coming back to his content. Go to the Newman Numismatic Portal (NNP) and choose the year 1986, and you can see great interviews with Clifford Mishler, Chester Krause, R.W. Julian, Walter Breen, and Anthony Swiatek, among many other giants in U.S. numismatics. There are multiple interviews with many of these same people in the different years listed at the NNP.

On the last day of this year's World's Fair of Money in Chicago (Saturday, 8/20), I met David Lisot at the ANA Show in Chicago at his space there and I told him just how much I enjoy watching his interviews with these old-timers and how his work has benefitted me through the knowledge and stories that David elicited from these people.

Mr. Lisot was obviously touched and told me that it was his great pleasure to have captured these interviews. I also detected from him a bit of sadness in that many of these good old friends in this field are now gone (and, yes, he was teary-eyed when talking about these people) . It made me think about how it's going to be when most of my old friends are gone, too...

He then asked me about the book I was hawking (my Korean coin book), and then swung his camera around and turned on the square light above it and said, "How about an interview?" I had to think about it for a minute, but I said, "sure."

Mr. Lisot was an expert at this short form interview/ad, and he got me talking about the book on camera. Mr. Lisot himself was very well-spoken and showed strong evidence that he had an intellect on par with pretty much any of those big brains in numismatics he's interviewed!

Rest in PEACE, David...

(You can also see his content at the Internet Archive Search: https://archive.org/search.php?query=david+lisot+digital+library&sin= )