Strong Performance Tonight At GC for Gold Sticker Dimes. — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Strong Performance Tonight At GC for Gold Sticker Dimes.

The run of gold sticker Mercury Dimes received strong prices tonight despite 38 being offered. Even MS 64 and NON FB dimes were strong. Prices generally ran 350-550 for 65 and 66 FB dimes. Do you think the gold sticker market will increase or level off in 2023. 

Comments

• Dangerous. Now people are into collecting the beaned holders?

In my opinion, it's okay to pay the next grade up. BUT to pay 3X+? Noooooooo.

I'm agonizing what to do with a deal of old holder cheap Walkers. I do not want to see people bury themselves over $100.00 coins. I guess I can't fight the market.
  • Legend said:

Dangerous. Now people are into collecting the beaned holders?

In my opinion, it's okay to pay the next grade up. BUT to pay 3X+? Noooooooo.

I'm agonizing what to do with a deal of old holder cheap Walkers. I do not want to see people bury themselves over $100.00 coins. I guess I can't fight the market.

But these fancy holders are themselves sought-after, historical collectibles. Your bidders are big boys with money to burn. Let them decide how they want to spend it. I can think of far worst investments than $1,000-plus decorated vintage slabs with little regard for the coins entombed therein, like $5,000 to $15,000-plus "grade rarity" multi-billion mintage modern coins (certain vintage dealers say "modern junk").

Or this $364,250 MS68+FB dime that was worth $4,500 in MS68FB according to Price Guide:

This coin is being used as a marketing gimmick in several dealers' ads.

• I wonder if Mr. Albanese recently mentioning Mercury Dimes (and Walkers) and Commemoratives has/had any influence on Bidders.
  • That merc dime thing was a gross abberation. Its not something I care to have had in our past