Will CAC EVER take walk through submissions at major coin shows? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Will CAC EVER take walk through submissions at major coin shows?

edited December 2021 in General

I don’t trust the dealers, in my area, and shipping on my own is pricey….😞

Comments

• It would be convenient and nice. CAC did a few shows several years ago so there are probably some logistical challenge.

• edited December 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Looking over my CAC submissions, the average handle time from receipt to in the mail back to me is 7 days. I believe that this kind of service, and the desire to maintain it, are why CAC has no need, or desire, to set up at shows. In comparison, I attended the recent show in Chicago and dropped off three submissions. One express that took a month to be completed. One single coin crossover, and 20 raw coins. And each took a quarter of a year to get back to me. A QUARTER OF A YEAR. Add to that, the single crossover was in QA a week before the 20 raw coins, the 20 coin submission was mailed out, and three days later the single crossover coin mailed out….with another delivery charge. That was the straw that lost my business.

Perhaps if they spent less time running to shows all year, they could have maintained some facsimile of appropriate customer service. I would love the instant gratification of getting coins reviewed at a show, but ultimately the continuous fine handle times from CAC have won a customer for life.