Encapsulated Sticker ? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Encapsulated Sticker ?

Are we sure this is a good idea? Sticker placed on reverse label means adhesive. Then encapsulation. Any worry about off-gassing?

That is if we really need a "Legacy" sticker or acknowledgement of some kind at all.

Comments

• I dislike the encapsulated sticker idea as well. It feels very gimmicky to me and encourages multiple submissions. Unfortunately, I believe we are in the minority.
  • I had thought that any talk about an encapsulated sticker actually meant that a logo, symbol or designation was simply printed on the insert just as anything other information would be printed on the insert.
  • Tom, JA stated they were planning on placing a "physical sticker" on the slab label.
  • Thank you for the information. There have been multiple threads and scores of replies flying back and forth in the last week or so and I have obviously not kept up with the latest information.
  • Greetings, everyone! We intend to honor the legacy of previously stickered CAC coins upon crossing them over to our new holder. Rest assured, we are using only inert and archival materials in our encapsulation process. The safety of your coins is our highest priority.
  • Personally I welcome encapsulated green bean sticker.    I am tired of stickers getting scratched up over time .  
  • edited November 2022
    Wouldn’t the inks used on the labels give off gases as well?
  • We will be using archival ink. Expensive but necessary.  JA 
  • Wouldn’t the inks used on the labels give off gases as well?

@FranklinHalfAddict, rest assured! All materials utilized in our encapsulation process are inert and archival.
  • There will be nothing cattywampus regarding the new holder 
  • JACAC said:

There will be nothing cattywampus regarding the new holder 

And I learned a new word today.
  • I did as well. :)
  • There will be nothing cattywampus regarding the new holder 
    And I learned a new word today.

But can you provide a definition for it ?  🤓😂
  • “Cattywampus” has held a variety of meanings and spellings, including as an adverb (catawampusly). The first part, “catty,” may hark back to a now-obsolete meaning of the word “cater,” which means “to set or move diagonally” (in the sense of catty-corner, which was originally “cater-corner” and perhaps changed spelling as a result of developments in American accents). The first part might also be related to the Greek prefix kata-, which can suggest “downward” or “toward,” among other meanings. The second part’s origin is unclear, but may be from the Scottish slang term wampish, which meant “to wriggle or twist about.” Simply put, the word has the idea of "going badly," "awkwardly," or in the "wrong direction."

This is officially an "educational" forum. :D