What About those Numbers on the Label? - Page 3 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

What About those Numbers on the Label?

13»

Comments

• Ok, thank you for the info. I hope all goes well for you. I bet that there is a ton of prep work behind the scenes.
  • CAC_Ops said:
    While we are anxious to get started, we will not be operational until the end of Q1 2023 if all goes well.
    That’s okay- take your time and get it right
    Better to make changes now before the rollout rather than immediately after the rollout
  • WilliamJ said:

Ok, thank you for the info. I hope all goes well for you. I bet that there is a ton of prep work behind the scenes.

CAC_Ops said:

While we are anxious to get started, we will not be operational until the end of Q1 2023 if all goes well.

That’s okay- take your time and get it right
    Better to make changes now before the rollout rather than immediately after the rollout

Thank you! Yes, there is a lot of exciting things happening behind the scenes! And, as you can imagine, the pandemic created a few additional challenges regarding supply chain constraints. Nonetheless, everything is still coming together smoothly.
  • Supply problems could be major issues, NGC's lack of scratch resistant holders have been going on for a long time. I  hope you don't run into a snag like that.
  • WilliamJ said:

Supply problems could be major issues, NGC's lack of scratch resistant holders have been going on for a long time. I  hope you don't run into a snag like that.

So far so good regarding our coin holder and its related components. By having it designed, tooled, and manufactured here in the USA, we are able to avoid supply constraints!
  • Made in the USA is a good thing, just like my coins, made in the USA!
  • edited December 2022
    This is so exciting!! I feel like I time traveled to 1986 and was about to submit to PCGS with the current knowledge I have regarding PCGS. CACG I believe will be the first TPG to be considered mainstream since NGC came about in 1987. I just can't imagine another company starting up with the expertise and well known reputation as CAC. Which makes sense as @JACAC was there at the beginning of both PCGS and NGC. Now you get to come back into the game with almost 40 years of technological developments to start from. I can't wait to see CACG explode onto the market. :smile:
  • jtlee321 said:

This is so exciting!! I feel like I time travelled to 1986 and was about to submit to PCGS with the current knowledge I have regarding PCGS. CACG I believe will be the first TPG to be considered mainstream since NGC came about in 1987. I just can't imagine another company starting up with the expertise and well known reputation as CAC. Which makes sense as @JACAC was there at the beginning of both PCGS and NGC. Now you get to come back into the game with almost 40 years of technological developments to start from. I can't wait to see CACG explode onto the market. :smile:

Here's hoping. MY first submission got me a rattler 64 on a FINEST KNOWN date of seated dollar. I foolishly sold it. For BIG money.
    But nowhere near the money it would bring now regraded ..... 66 !!!

:'(
  • It is exciting. We are going to witness a very good change within the hobby!
  • jtlee321 said:

This is so exciting!! I feel like I time travelled to 1986 and was about to submit to PCGS with the current knowledge I have regarding PCGS. CACG I believe will be the first TPG to be considered mainstream since NGC came about in 1987. I just can't imagine another company starting up with the expertise and well known reputation as CAC. Which makes sense as @JACAC was there at the beginning of both PCGS and NGC. Now you get to come back into the game with almost 40 years of technological developments to start from. I can't wait to see CACG explode onto the market. :smile:

Okay, where is that damn “AGREE” button already!
  • Pyrite said:

jtlee321 said:

Here's hoping. MY first submission got me a rattler 64 on a FINEST KNOWN date of seated dollar. I foolishly sold it. For BIG money.
    But nowhere near the money it would bring now regraded ..... 66 !!!

:'(
    And it carries the bean .
  • edited January 2023
    I like some of the serial numbers, as they become unique identifiers for my inventory. The "coin number" I never use. 
  • The "coin catalog" numbers of PCGS are also used prominently in CoinFacts, Greysheet, and at least one major auction house that I know of. I think the NGC coin catalog numbers have much more limited utility (but are nonetheless important to major auction companies), but they are used in mappings against the PCGS coin catalog numbers in at least one major auction house, possibly more. For example, a 1955 Doubled Die Lincoln cent, RD color, of any grade uses the PCGS coin catalog number 2827. The respective NGC coin catalog "number" (Index number) is 253E. I would think some of the CAC Ops team would benefit from speaking with such major auction companies (and price guide publishers) regarding how the respective PCGS/NGC index numbers are used. An easy way to let dealers, collectors, and auction companies to post/compare auction records for the same kind of coins graded by NGC, PCGS, and CACG would likely go a long way towards keeping market prices more relevant once CACG is launched and letting the cream rise to the top. It's much more than a question of whether any one particular person uses those numbers or not. George / VDB Coins
  • It has been many months since I've delved deeply into all the content here. I see in another thread revealing the new slab look that the Greysheet index numbers will be used. Sorry I was behind on my info when I responded above a couple of days ago.