Percentage of PCGS and NGC Stickered Coins Crossing to CACG - Page 3 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Percentage of PCGS and NGC Stickered Coins Crossing to CACG

13»

Comments

• oreville said:

The logic behind the crossover is to pursue a plus graded coin in a CAC 2.0 holder.

It might be worthwhile to inquire if CAC will offer a service to view stickered slabs to determine if they are A or B coins at a reduced rate to avoid full submission fees on a B rated coin. This only works if you can submit and pick up the coins in person.

@oreville this is a good idea

brilliant!
  • edited December 2022
    :D :D

Darn page changes! The laughings are at the Kearny comment.
  • Maybe Kearny could be a storage facility.
  • edited December 2022
    oreville said:

SeatedNut said:

most Don’t know about everyone else? I will be crossing 100% of my NGC cac coins to the new service.

+1
    the exceptions will be my black 1.0white label 2.0 and 2.1 NGC slabs even my 3.0 NGC slabs and my numerous old NGC sample slabs many which are gold stickered.

SeatedNut said he’d be crossing “100%”.

oreville wrote “+1” but then proceeded to list numerous exceptions to the “100%”.

Which is it, +1 or exceptions resulting in less than 100%?
    😉
  • Haha…c’mon now, make up your mind!

• edited December 2022
    MarkFeld said:

oreville said:

SeatedNut said:

most Don’t know about everyone else? I will be crossing 100% of my NGC cac coins to the new service.

+1
    the exceptions will be my black 1.0white label 2.0 and 2.1 NGC slabs even my 3.0 NGC slabs and my numerous old NGC sample slabs many which are gold stickered.

SeatedNut said he’d be crossing “100%”.

oreville wrote “+1” but then proceeded to list numerous exceptions to the “100%”.

Which is it, +1 or exceptions resulting in less than 100%?
    😉
    Mark … good point. I started out agreeing with 100% crossing then thought about it and then remembered the multiple exceptions including my numerous stickered NGC silver dollar sample slabs which I paid less for each than the anticipated CACG crossover fee! LOL

I even decided two years ago to re-arrange my safe deposit boxes to separate all of my NGC 1.0 black slabs from my NGC 2.0, 2,1 and 3.0 as well as my old PCGS slabs as I had forgotten how many old stickered slabs I had.
  • Does does anybody have any thoughts about what percentage of green sticker coins are A coins and will plus+ for the grade at CACG. This is in general for all series of coins, as I realize certain series will have a lower or higher percentage of successful plus ratings in the new grading service 
  • Stevie said:

Does does anybody have any thoughts about what percentage of green sticker coins are A coins and will plus+ for the grade at CACG. ...

I would guess very few when it comes to the higher grade condition rarities. I think most of those coins cac would deem A (or a msX+) are already sitting in higher grade (MS(X+1)) pcgs (or ngc) holders. The question is will the price levels ever tilt more in CACG's favor so that coins actually get crossed at >= .5 lower. The answer to that question may end up varying widely dependent on the coin/date/mm in question. For more common coins where there is no huge jump in price then the percentage of A vs B coins may fit more into a normal (ie bell curve) distribution and so be a more typical 25-30%.
  • Stevie said:

Does does anybody have any thoughts about what percentage of green sticker coins are A coins and will plus+ for the grade at CACG. ...

I would guess very few when it comes to the higher grade condition rarities. I think most of those coins cac would deem A (or a msX+) are already sitting in higher grade (MS(X+1)) pcgs (or ngc) holders. The question is will the price levels ever tilt more in CACG's favor so that coins actually get crossed at >= .5 lower. The answer to that question may end up varying widely dependent on the coin/date/mm in question. For more common coins where there is no huge jump in price then the percentage of A vs B coins may fit more into a normal (ie bell curve) distribution and so be a more typical 25-30%.
    I’ll hit the “Yes” button on this one. Very curious as what the numbers will look like after some time. It has been stated that there will be two separate pop reports and I am wondering how the new CACG report will account for stickered crossovers and freshly graded raw coins and/or crackouts.