CACG Unveils New Holders - Page 6 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

CACG Unveils New Holders

Comments

• Thank you Mark.
  • Are we going to end up with a sticker that denotes "ugly" coins?
    When one passes a group of coins and one "stands out" isn't that the one most people will want to own?
    By "standing out", that of course doesn't cover polish or reworking.

This is sure getting a long way from helping a collector make smart decisions.
  • In the LSCC Zoom meeting last night, JA said that Cacg is not planning on putting a sticker or the word legacy on previously stickered coins that cross over into the new holder. 
       They instead are going to put the letter L at the end of the serial number.
        I might have heard it wrong but I am pretty sure that is what he said. Did anyone else catch that? This is the first that I have heard about this. I am still wondering if I will like it "L" ?
  • WilliamJ said:

In the LSCC Zoom meeting last night, JA said that Cacg is not planning on putting a sticker or the word legacy on previously stickered coins that cross over into the new holder. 
       They instead are going to put the letter L at the end of the serial number.
        I might have heard it wrong but I am pretty sure that is what he said. Did anyone else catch that? This is the first that I have heard about this. I am still wondering if I will like it "L" ?

I think that's OK, and a nice compromise. With just a little bit of time, "the market" will know what the suffix "L" at the end of the cert # means.

All is good!

Steve
  • I was just thinking that it is probably more cost efficient for them also. Instead of having two different label inserts to create, just print a L.
  • I think that’s a much cleaner design idea than an entirely new label.
  • Less burden on their part and less confusing for us. So the green bean will be on the obverse of ALL slabs then, correct?
  • Coinstein said:
    Less burden on their part and less confusing for us. So the green bean will be on the obverse of ALL slabs then, correct?
    He didn't really say what would be on the reverse of the slabs.
       He did mention that the letter L  would be the only thing to differentiate a coin previously stickered. L referring to Legacy.
  • A very fair solution IMO. I don’t think anyone will be heart broken with that outcome. It seems that many of us just wanted something to indicate the coin was previously stickered before it was crossed. I believe this solution also encourages crossovers more than having no indicator, since many collectors value the “two opinions are better than one” mindset. In addition, it removes the stigma from the beaned coins in NGC holders, which encourages crossovers as well. 
  • FAQ question 10 and 16 need correction then? Still some confusion here in my mind. I get the L thing, but not the bean thing.
  • edited December 2022

I think that’s a much cleaner design idea than an entirely new label.

Agree. An "L" suffix is the way to go. With labels being otherwise identical, confusion should be minimal while allowing notation for a previously CAC approved coin.
  • Is there a link to that interview? I can't stay awake that late...
  • edited December 2022
    Coinstein said:

FAQ question 10 and 16 need correction then?

Yep. Can't have your cake and eat it too...

I prefer the sticker rather than the L. There is magic in those beans.

Folks love them shiny ovals.

But I suspect the value added by the limited number of beans doled out is bothersome. JA clearly did not intend for the gimmicky added value of the gold beans but it's undeniable. And down the road the Legacy CACG product may develop a significant premium over the unstickered CACG counterparts.

• VERTIGO said:
    Is there a link to that interview? I can't stay awake that late...
    My link to the meeting was a live zoom phone link. I  know the club recorded it, but I am unsure how to watch it again. There was 80 + people in attendance. Some other very  interesting questions and topics were covered. 
  • edited December 2022
    WilliamJ said:

My link to the meeting was a live zoom phone link. I  know the club recorded it, but I am unsure how to watch it again. There was 80 + people in attendance. Some other very  interesting questions and topics were covered. 

it will be nice to view the recording if they make it available to us

@WilliamJ please let us know if you receive a link of the recording that you can share

thank you so much!
  • Once processed the link will be posted on the LSCC website.

http://www.lsccweb.org
  • Seatedman said:

Once processed the link will be posted on the LSCC website.

http://www.lsccweb.org

ok cool, thanks!
  • edited December 2022
    JA said to begin with they should be able to grade 20,000 coins a month= 1,000 coins per day. That number amazes me!  Yet, after the soft start those numbers should increase.  For 3 or 4 graders that seems like a lot of work.
       I will not say anymore...
  • My link to the meeting was a live zoom phone link. I  know the club recorded it, but I am unsure how to watch it again. There was 80 + people in attendance. Some other very  interesting questions and topics were covered. 
    it will be nice to view the recording if they make it available to us @WilliamJ please let us know if you receive a link of the recording that you can share thank you so much!
    If I hear or see anything, I'll let you know for sure.