Couch Collectibles: Youtube's Most Popular Rare Coin Channel - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Couch Collectibles: Youtube's Most Popular Rare Coin Channel

2»

Comments

• CACfan said:

Did someone say babes in bikinis? That’s my department!

I know a dealer who bragged about hiring an ugly secretary because he would not have been able to concentrate on business had she been pretty. This is a well known story to insiders.
    I knew a dealer who hired a prostitute to "do" shows. Some of his deals had...extras. :o

He actually ended up marrying her. No idea how that worked out.
  • It’s my job- somebody’s gotta do it! 

I Like You!. You are my new BFF.
  • Pyrite said:

CACfan said:

I know a dealer who bragged about hiring an ugly secretary because he would not have been able to concentrate on business had she been pretty. This is a well known story to insiders.
    I knew a dealer who hired a prostitute to "do" shows. Some of his deals had...extras. :o

I attended a coin show wherein that sort of shenanigan was occurring. The security guard, a uniformed off-duty police officer, sat at the entrance with a newspaper completely obstructing his view as an excuse not to see the woman of ill repute known to him exiting with a coin dealer. And who knows what else that he deliberately did not see. Hint: North Jersey vicinity.
  • CACfan said:

Pyrite said:

CACfan said:

I attended a coin show wherein that sort of shenanigan was occurring. The security guard, a uniformed off-duty police officer, sat at the entrance with a newspaper completely obstructing his view as an excuse not to see the woman of ill repute known to him exiting with a coin dealer. And who knows what else that he deliberately did not see. Hint: North Jersey vicinity.
    Was it a newspaper or a copy of Hustler? :D
  • Maybe both as the former was concealing the latter.
  • It’s my job- somebody’s gotta do it! 

I’ve seen your work .  How you must suffer! 🤓

And having to deal with all the fan mail and follow up pictures and visits must be grueling 😩 

Lucky sum beatch!  😂
  • While I haven’t posted on this thread, please refrain from referring to those that post hereon as cranky 80-year-olds! I’m a cranky 72-year-old (with a sense of humor)!
    We’ve seen where treating people like that leads too !   It won’t be long again, Tiger and stripes or so the saying goes ! 
  • I’m not really impressed since obviously most, if not all, videos are of coins the creator does not own. And every video has big bright letters with RARE and various large sums of money. There are enough people out their trying to get rich quick that will fall for any type of click bait.

I bet I could amass a large following if I were posting daily videos with titles like “Do You Have This Type of RARE Drier Lint in YOUR Home?!?! $32,000!!! 😱 L@@K!!”
    On my channel I keep the “Do you have this coin????” Types on the YouTube shorts. It reaches a wider audience and hopefully brings them towards my actual videos where they can learn a thing or two about actual collecting. I have a few full length videos that are basically just the reverse of the clickbait ones i.e. “ Your 1943 Penny is not silver”.

nothing more aggravating than someone bring their coins into the coin shop thinking they have several million-dollar coins because they just saw a YouTube thumbnail.