NGC Now Takes the Best Photos — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

NGC Now Takes the Best Photos

I can speak firsthand about this little known fact: NGC now produces by far the most realistic and beautiful photos of any TPGS or even photography studio. A bargain at $8 a pop!

Tagged:

Comments

• Doesn’t matter to me because their photos can’t overcome NGC’s preference for ugly white prongs as viewed in hand. I’m often disappointed in PCGS’s unTrueView images as well but their holder is superior aesthetically. 
  • edited December 2022
    NGC's prongs should definitely be crystal clear so that the full edge of every coin can be viewed. The technology is certainly there. Yet, even PCGS's current prongs are not completely clear, and they obstruct more of the edge. Thus, NGC's slabs ironically allow a fuller view of a coin's edges despite having opaque prongs.
  • First the 10 point grade system, now improved photos, Ngc sure is making some changes. 
  • edited December 2022
    I hope CAC grading photography will be high quality.  Now which TPG will be the first to provide a video as well?
  • Heritage auction videos aren't too bad, but  they could be a little better.
  • While I agree that the the new and improved photovision produces some high quality shots, I find it to be counterintuitive that the submitter of the coin is the only one that can view them. If I look up to at cert all I get are the slab pics
  • I agree. Why does NGC hide the PhotoVision Plus photos from the public? As a submitter, I have found that getting these photos, for which I had paid, from NGC is inconvenient and tedious.
  • I like the new images. Is the new 10 point grading system replacing the old? Or?
  • I'm also waiting for PhotoVision to show up on Cert Verification.
  • edited February 2023
    Redacted. Those who saw my post get the point.
  • I think it wise that I just fade to black after that reply, and avoid trouble.
    (See what I did there? Clever, just old fashioned clever. I am going to go hug myself, now).
  • I wonder whatever happened to nuTilt? DLRC thought they were the future but they don’t seem to have made much headway. 
  • It looks like pcgs's images are getting worse.

and...

• MeantToBeSpent,

Giggle-worthy dwindling.
  • Welcome back @CACfan .

Steve
  • Redacted. Those who saw my post get the point.
    Missed it but I think I still got the point !!! 😉
  • It looks like pcgs's images are getting worse.

and...

Unfortunately we have seen this trend consistently as well. And have seen the quality of NGC Photo Vision improved