CAC team, can we get an “ignore user/member” option for this site? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

CAC team, can we get an “ignore user/member” option for this site?

Comments

• With a "no peeking" wall.
  • edited December 2022
       I can live with him being gone .  
    Thank you 
  • While you’re there please delete my account .

Not my cac membership .   Just the my forum presence .

Thank you 

I am going to ignore this comment :)

If we all ignore each other there won’t be any one left !
  • While you’re there please delete my account .

Not my cac membership .   Just the my forum presence .

Thank you 

“Say it ain’t so, Joe” (Vince). You’re a positive asset to this forum, regularly adding useful information!

Steve
  • Please, pretty please! 

This forum would be so much better with one member gone. 
  • The mods should have done something a long time ago. Easier to ban someone who adds negative value to a forum than to implement an ignore feature.
  • I'm not sure who you guys are talking about (nor do I want to know) but in a previous life I used to run a small online forum/community and I can say without hesitation that sometimes it really is just best to kick/ban a troublemaker. Some people live to troll online - it's something about being behind a keyboard that brings out the worst, and even if they are pleasant in real life (or not), it's helpful to remove them from a community in which they bring grief.

We had one member who just constantly made it his mission in life to attack, needle, poke, and cause mayhem with other members. There was much hand-wringing about what was to be done, and in the end I just simply kicked him off. There was a day of shock, and then everything became instantly more pleasant and friendly.
  • +1 for the ignore feature, however an alternative solution would likely be even more effective.
    FlyingAl said:
    Please, pretty please! 

This forum would be so much better with one member gone. 
    “Agree”
    The mods should have done something a long time ago. Easier to ban someone who adds negative value to a forum than to implement an ignore feature.
    “Agree”
    noahlh said:
    I'm not sure who you guys are talking about (nor do I want to know) but in a previous life I used to run a small online forum/community and I can say without hesitation that sometimes it really is just best to kick/ban a troublemaker. Some people live to troll online - it's something about being behind a keyboard that brings out the worst, and even if they are pleasant in real life (or not), it's helpful to remove them from a community in which they bring grief. We had one member who just constantly made it his mission in life to attack, needle, poke, and cause mayhem with other members. There was much hand-wringing about what was to be done, and in the end I just simply kicked him off. There was a day of shock, and then everything became instantly more pleasant and friendly.
    “Strongly agree” 
  • Dan - So how do you REALLY feel? (lol)
  • It looks as if my request/suggestion might be a moot issue, now.
  • Indeed, it looks like a corrective action was taken at some point. I had opened this thread only when I initially replied, so I’m not sure when it happened. Kudos to the CAC team! 
  • edited December 2022
    Indeed, it looks like a corrective action was taken at some point. I had opened this thread only when I initially replied, so I’m not sure when it happened. Kudos to the CAC team! 
    I think that it happened about 12:30 A.M.
  • Received some messages that action was taken .    
     This is supposed to be fun.   It had gotten un enjoyable .   Looks like we can carry on again happy and not arguing or fighting amongst ourselves like occurred with that guy here.

👍🏻👍🏻🙏🏻
  • oh man. Happy dance time. 
  • A temporary ban was issued but if the behavior continues when he comes back, it will be permanent.
This discussion has been closed.