The Gold Bean Thread - Page 3 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

The Gold Bean Thread

Comments

• A couple not so common with gold CAC!
  • This not so common gold CAC has a story to go with it. I never play the crack out game but a coin buddy talked me into cracking out this 2c from an NGC fatty as he thought we would get a 65 Red. When it came back downgraded I sent to JA with photos etc. and told him this isn’t right. I was happy when JA gave it a gold sticker!

• Catbert said:

New piece for me. I think this will be my only gold bean that I'll ever own. Click in lower right corner for a larger view.

You do not need to play music to enjoy this half dollar!
  • If I had known that all you have to do is attach a note requesting a gold sticker to get one, I would have been doing that all along. :D
  • edited October 2022
    Here's a pic to go along with my video from my buddy Bob ( @robec1347 ) of my half that does a really nice job capturing its nature. He's is so talented and accurate:

• Nice color 
  • edited October 2022
    My one and only...so far.  1872-S H10C MM Below MPD FS-302 PCGS AU58 Gold CAC

• A few half dollars...

• Wow, how I would love to have a "Like" button!! :)
  • Here's a recent acquisition. I bought it from a seller on IG before they submitted it to CAC and they submitted it for me. Very happy with the results.

• Awesome Buffalo and great photos. Can you please tell me what IG stands for? Thank you
  • Coinbert said:

Awesome Buffalo and great photos. Can you please tell me what IG stands for? Thank you

Thank you. Sorry, IG means Instagram. :)
  • jtlee321 said:

Coinbert said:

Awesome Buffalo and great photos. Can you please tell me what IG stands for? Thank you

Thank you. Sorry, IG means Instagram. :)
    Me too but was afraid to ask.
  • Thanks jtlee321. Have to try and figure out how to do IG.
    The regular auctions are becoming nearly impossible to buy anything nice.
  • Coinbert said:

Thanks jtlee321. Have to try and figure out how to do IG.

Instagram is not too different in terms of pricing. If you find a deal, you have to be lightning fast to have a chance. It's like hunting Buy It Now's on eBay, there are people who do nothing but hunt for the deals. I was proactive with the Buffalo in that the IG user also has a YouTube channel that I follow. He had the Buffalo in a YouTube video that was part of a submission he was sending to CAC. I contacted him directly through IG about getting the first shot at the Buffalo when it got back from CAC. He actually offered it to me prior to him submitting it to CAC and I took him up on his offer. He then was kind enough to submit it for me, rather then sending it to me and then having me submit it to CAC. He is a stand up seller and shipped the Buffalo to me as soon as it arrived back to him.

Moral of the story, IG is not an untapped source of great deals. You have to know how to navigate it and strike your own deals. But, it is still another source for some great material.
  • Coinbert said:

You can say that again. I almost don't even look as it's been so sparse. Even the last couple shows have been a bust for me. I used to always come home with something nice. Not sure I could deal with instagram though. Hopefully I'll be surprised here soon.
  • Coinstein said:

Coinbert said:

You can say that again. I almost don't even look as it's been so sparse. Even the last couple shows have been a bust for me. I used to always come home with something nice. Not sure I could deal with instagram though. Hopefully I'll be surprised here soon.
    I found the same thing happen to me at the last PNNA show in Tukwilla. I usually come home with a handful of coins, but that show was a bust for me. I did bring home a couple pieces of currency, but I was a bit disappointed. The show felt almost like I was looking at tables full of eBay listings. Anything that was eye appealing or in a old holder was priced outrageously high. Hopefully it's just part of the ebb and flow of the market. There is a local show coming up on November 12th that I am planning on attending. I really hope it's not a bust either.

• I actually ended up selling this one but maybe still one that you guys will enjoy.

• Nice piece of CC gold ! 

• One of my favorites.