The Gold Bean Thread - Page 4 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

The Gold Bean Thread

Comments

• Love that Half Cent
  • edited November 2022

• I feel very lucky to have been able to add this early $2.5 to my type set last week. Beautiful surfaces, sharp strike, special coin.  My only gold sticker - it's a good one!  Thanks to CRO for making it happen!

• pedzola said:

I feel very lucky to have been able to add this early $2.5 to my type set last week. Beautiful surfaces, sharp strike, special coin.  My only gold sticker - it's a good one!  Thanks to CRO for making it happen!

She is awesome! Well Done pedzola!
  • Congrats pedzola. What a great coin! And a gold bean too. Hope to acquire an early quarter eagle in the future.

• What look like scratches near star 5 are actually on the holder.
  • edited November 2022
    Nice circulated gold is pretty tough. That $10 1850 O in VF and the 1807 $2.50 are both absolutely stunning coina. Thank you for taking the time to share with us.
  • One of my favorite coins.

• edited November 2022
    Love many of the coins posted on this thread and appreciate the opportunity to lurk.

Some of my gold beans assembled here. It does evolve from time to time with a 1871 $3 inbound, and an 1862 g$1 outbound.

Apologies for poor photo quality on group shot. I guess I was in a hurry at the time, will do better next one. The $10 Wass is my favorite. The Wisconsin is incredibly toned on both sides.

• There are quite a few coins in this thread I wouldn't mind seeing in person. I know the pictures can only convey so much.

I'm not a collector of gold beans myself, mostly a temporary custodian of them. The feeling you get when cherry picking under graded coins and having someone validate your efforts is pretty great.

@JACAC did post this coin on Instagram but I figured I'd post it here for others (like myself) that aren't on IG.

• I found a neat gold bean bust dollar at FUN.

• It's been discussed before but that 1798 Bust Dollar is in a relatively recent holder. I wonder what percentage of Gold stickers are on various generations of holders. It's a rhetorical question since we don't have the breakdown detail.
  • Yes VanHalen it is in a newer pronged holder but still seven to 15 years old. May have been graded at a tight time in the cycle. Coin has an interesting almost matte finish with luster in the devices. Looks like a 45 today.
  • Beautiful gold dollar Larry.
  • Coinbert said:
    Beautiful gold dollar Larry.

Thanks pal .  My first gold cac coin 
  • @Vincent.Savage Wow on the G$1! Type 3s are the prettiest to begin with and a 65 CAC Gold sticker to boot.
  • ratpelt said:

Your coin is definitely mint state and completely agree with the Gold Cac approval. Any chance you’ll sell it ?      Did you have a chance to ask J A what grade he thought it could go to and still green bean?   I have some thoughts I’ll share with you in another post