The Gold Bean Thread - Page 5 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

The Gold Bean Thread

Comments

• VanHalen said:
    @Vincent.Savage Wow on the G$1! Type 3s are the prettiest to begin with and a 65 CAC Gold sticker to boot.

Yes they are .  I’ve had both ms 67 & 68 cac approved type 3 $1 gold coins .   Gorgeous for sure  !  
  • VanHalen said:
    It's been discussed before but that 1798 Bust Dollar is in a relatively recent holder. I wonder what percentage of Gold stickers are on various generations of holders. It's a rhetorical question since we don't have the breakdown detail.
    I have made a few gold stickers from PCGS holders from the 2005-2010 era Nasdaq logo. Find coins to be overall strictly graded then. Of course this is an observation completely unscientific
  • ag_drew said:
    There are quite a few coins in this thread I wouldn't mind seeing in person. I know the pictures can only convey so much. I'm not a collector of gold beans myself, mostly a temporary custodian of them. The feeling you get when cherry picking under graded coins and having someone validate your efforts is pretty great. @JACAC did post this coin on Instagram but I figured I'd post it here for others (like myself) that aren't on IG.
    It’s nice when you get gold stickers from picking nice coins. I got a gold sticker on a 1935 Lincoln and 1942 Mercury dime. Sold the Lincoln for $1650 and currently am keeping the Mercury dime. Both coins cost me only $60. 

• I general, one gets the sense that common coins tend to be glossed over by the services but are given their proper due by CAC. Sort of the compliment of CAC's tough grading reputation. Gives one confidence.
  • Just picked up this crusty old gal at a local show

• Great pickup 
  • Here is an 1877 Trade dollar:

• scubafuel said:
    Here is an 1877 Trade dollar:
     That’s really nice .  👍🏻👍🏻

I want trade dollar.  I bid on a CC trade this evening with chopmarks .   Clock ran out as I tried the last bid . 🤦🏻‍♂️🥹🥲
  • Ome of the two Gold CAC examples I own.
  • Three very nice gold bean coins everyone.
  • edited January 2023

This one came as a nice surprise! (Ps this coin has a pop of 1 in Cac gold label)
  • Love to see all those gold beans!
    Here's my little group of beauties.

• This one came as a nice surprise!
    Congratulations! I would be super happy.
  • Some of Paradime Coins' favorites we sold.

• edited February 2023
    WilliamJ said:

This one came as a nice surprise!

Congratulations! I would be super happy.
  • edited February 2023

• edited February 2023
    The first two photos are mine from when I acquired it. The last photo is after the coin was crossed at Winter FUN as MS67+FB. It has not made a return trip to CAC because I’m not good enough to have a coveted CAC membership. Maybe one day?

• Another for the rattler commem set
  • Very nice Spanish Commem!