Let’s See Your Early CAC Silver - Page 4 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Let’s See Your Early CAC Silver

Comments

• My horribly out of focus photo of a wonderful 1798 small 8 dime i bought in 1995 and later stickered by CAC in 2009..

It was previously owned by Harold Bareford.

I can assure you the coin looks much nicer than the photo.

• I've had my eye on Seated Dollars and Halfs for a while now but haven't yet taken the leap.
  • Oreville
    i would love to see a good picture of that 1798 dime. Time for a trip to the bank!

• My latest courtesy of @Hoocackalacky

• A few from the famous McCloskey collection.

fa
    m
    ous

• Beautiful coins, I love the consistent look and surfaces.
  • breakdown said:

Oreville
    i would love to see a good picture of that 1798 dime. Time for a trip to the bank!

Will try to get to the bank to take a better photo. It is the highest graded 1798 small 8 dime by PCGS and CAC.

• oreville said:
    Oreville
    Will try to get to the bank to take a better photo. It is the highest graded 1798 small 8 dime by PCGS and CAC.
       Have you ever considered a private vault company , a brinks depository or similar secure location for your rare coins and valuables ?    Here is an example for you to look at .   It’s where my family and I keep some valuables and important documents .

https://www.sarasotavault.com/

My problem with banks is that if something happens whether it be a natural disaster , financial meltdown or public health crisis they can shut down and / or deny you access.

It happened locally here when Covid broke out.   Appointments only , withdrawal limits and other nonsense .    Not to mention a bank possibly losing your SD Box if they move it. 

I also have a major issue with my family having to jump thru hoops and taking inventory in the event something happens to me before they are allowed access.   Banks are not your friend they serve the government.

With a private vault depository you avoid all of that negative BS.    My assets pass directly to my family with no prying eyes , you are never denied access and if you need access at 03,30 dark they will have someone provide access to you for a nominal fee.   

Sorry for writing a book here but it is very important imho .  

Hope you consider what I’ve shared here.

Respectfully, 
    Vincent 
  • oreville said:
    Oreville
       Have you ever considered a private vault company , a brinks depository or similar secure location for your rare coins and valuables ?    Here is an example for you to look at .   It’s where my family and I keep some valuables and important documents .

My problem with banks is that if something happens whether it be a natural disaster , financial meltdown or public health crisis they can shut down and / or deny you access.

It happened locally here when Covid broke out.   Appointments only , withdrawal limits and other nonsense .    Not to mention a bank possibly losing your SD Box if they move it. 

I also have a major issue with my family having to jump thru hoops and taking inventory in the event something happens to me before they are allowed access.   Banks are not your friend they serve the government.

With a private vault depository you avoid all of that negative BS.    My assets pass directly to my family with no prying eyes , you are never denied access and if you need access at 03,30 dark they will have someone provide access to you for a nominal fee.   

Respectfully, 
    Vincent 
    Thank you for the post! I have been wondering what to do and don't want to put too much trust in the banks. I am gonna start moving my money slowly. Even though it isn't that much, it is time to do something different!
  • WilliamJ said:
    oreville said:
    Oreville

Respectfully, 
    Vincent 
    Thank you for the post! I have been wondering what to do and don't want to put too much trust in the banks. I am gonna start moving my money slowly. Even though it isn't that much, it is time to do something different!

It’s also not a bad idea to break it up a bit . Talking about any residual , mad money or the collection you work with frequently that you don’t keep in a vault depository.

You wouldn’t want for it to get stolen or lose it all if a sink hole opens up and swallows the house !

What isn’t much to you , may be a Jack pot to someone else !  😉

• oreville said:

Oreville

Respectfully, 
    Vincent 

Vincent:

Thank you for your suggestion. I will investigate it. My only concern is the location as it is not convenient even for my retirement location as I plan to retire to the east coast of southern Florida. Do you have access to the website to other entities that have more locations?
  • Here's a silver round from International Vaults.

What happened to them, you ask? Oh, they went bust.
    :'(
  • oreville said:
    oreville said:
    Oreville

Respectfully, 
    Vincent 
    Vincent: Thank you for your suggestion. I will investigate it. My only concern is the location as it is not convenient even for my retirement location as I plan to retire to the east coast of southern Florida. Do you have access to the website to other entities that have more locations?

There are plenty of vault depositories in SE Fla.

https://miamivaults.com/     

My big reason for using one is in the event of my death , my beneficiary can walk in and take what I leave them.   Instead of jumping through hoops , courts ordering inventory be taken and others deciding how and what they can take .  F+*k that !    

Besides all the reasons stated in original post.

Its worth it my friend .  After all how often you visit your SD Box at the bank ?

Remember you can keep hobby items you deal with frequently in the bank if it’s closer for you.   But I’d definitely drive a good distance to safe guard my bullion , valuables and some paper products 😉🤓.  ( It beats keeping in your gun safe or hidden elsewhere or burying it out back .  I’ve had bills that were stuck together and mildewy from sitting in a safe in a garage .  No climate control .   You get funny looks when all the bills are older bills , uncirculated in that condition   I don’t think most can put 2 & 2 together .   In business I loved when the old timers would come in to pay with $3 to $4 k of 1981 small head $100’s in perfect shape ….😉😁.    That money hasn’t seen the light of day for 40 years !  Lol 

• I like getting paid in cash with $100 bills!  That brings back some good memories of some older gentlemen, and payday!
  • Boiler, you have some spectacular coins. That 1795 dollar certainly qualifies. 
  • I......YEARN.....for an off center. :'(
  • Boiler78 said:

Beautiful!
  • Boiler78 said:

Wow! Simply Wow!
  • Boiler78 said:
    Holy guacamole ! Wow