Let’s See Your Early CAC Silver - Page 5 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Let’s See Your Early CAC Silver

Comments

• Boiler78 said:

Boiler78 is a coin collector I have looked up to for many years. He is a true collector.

• Haven’t been buying much lately, but I did pick up this very pretty 1818 recently. 

This quarter was the only coin I bought at a show in January 2020 after four hours of hunting- always nice when one saves the day to make the journey worthwhile…bust quarters are awfully tricky to find with nice color. 

• Both are beautiful. Great eye!
  • 1859 MS64 CAC

• edited August 2022
    Eldorado9 said:

Very nice. Grade? Looks very original and unmolested. I never understood how to photo my coins and avoid the same glare you have from the lightbulb. We both need lessons? LOL.

Just a guessimate. Looks like a MS-63 to MS-65?
  • oreville said:

Eldorado9 said:

Very nice. Grade? Looks very original and unmolested. I never understood how to photo my coins and avoid the same glare you have from the lightbulb. We both need lessons? LOL.

It's a 66 CAC. Ex Friend, Ex Jung "The Type Set"

• Love that eye appealing green in the hair Eldo!
  • Catbert said:

Love that eye appealing green in the hair Eldo!

I know, I think I fell in love with that color the minute I saw it too!
  • edited August 2022
    I’m not a big fan of silver coins.   But after seeing all y’all’s coins . I’m drooling.  Drddm, George0707 , FFLift and the rest of you all really have some amazing coins.

I really love all the toning .  The Bruce Morelan Collection 1794 $1 is an SP 66 .  It’s CACed and really is something to look at.  But I still find many of your coins much more beautiful.  I really do !!! 

FFLift ,  is that one above a new edition to your collection ?  Nice 🙏🏻
  • FFLift ,  is that one above a new edition to your collection ?  Nice 🙏🏻
    That’s Eldo’s new coin- he has an amazing collection and excellent taste!
  • 😍 Beautiful!
  • In my (non-TPG grader) opinion, the percentage of early silver that was improperly cleaned is MUCH higher than that of later silver. CAC obviously lowers its stinginess for these early coins, lest they would have little to approve. It seems that the larger the coin in size, the greater the likelihood of such doctoring. How many non-cleaned Bust dollars even survive?
  • Eldorado9 said:

oreville said:

Eldorado9 said:

It's a 66 CAC. Ex Friend, Ex Jung "The Type Set"

• I missed out on the Jung Sale. He had a fabulous collection. I was way off on the grade of the gigantic version of his/your 1828 half dollar. This is proof even a grader cannot grade from photos as JA has stated so many times.

I loved ANR auctions most of all. They were the best.
  • 1834 O-101 MS63

1831 O-104 MS64

1821 O-101a MS62

1818 O-109a MS61

1813 O-106 MS63

1812 O-105a MS63

• 1867 P-62 Always loved the toning on this example.

• Wow! Absolutely beautiful!
  • I agree! She is very nice!