Thank you! — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Thank you!

Thank you for allowing me to join.  I have recently started collecting coins again.  I initially started back in 1969 when I was 12 years old.  When I joined the military back in 1980, my mother came into some hard times and she sold my collection.  So, I restarted collecting in 2018, and might I say, it's been fun.

My wonderful wife bought me this coin for Christmas: https://www.pcgs.com/cert/40709818

As you can see, it has been graded by PCGS at an MS67.  However, I would like to have it CAC certified as well.  I noticed that new memberships had been halted.  So what does this mean?  No more grading from CAC?  Or, I can't sign up for a CAC sticker, for this coin and I must use someone who is already a member?  How does that work?  Do you have a list of people or companies I can send my coin to for grading? 

As I said, I'm kind of new to this, so I'm not really sure where I go from here.  Any help or advice would be helpful.  Thank you for taking the time to help and again, thank you for allowing me to join this forum.  

Happy Holidays!
Head Coach

Comments

• edited December 2021
    Find a dealer in your area that is a member and have them through it in with their next order. Not only will it save you the hassle it will show them the type of coins you like and if they see others in their travels they can help you. Win win 

not sure if it stickers at that lofty level with the weak rev strike and frost disturbances but I am honestly not sure how that would be weighted at the Superb Gem level. It’s a Beautiful Coin and got to love a CC with color 
  • edited December 2021
    What a Christmas present! I'll be lucky to get a quarter zip sweater that fits right.

I wont comment on if that very nice coin you have deserves a bean or not, but I will add a big coin in a big grade like that has almost certainly been to CAC before...