At this point do you assume no-bean coins are CAC rejects? - Page 7 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

At this point do you assume no-bean coins are CAC rejects?

123457»

Comments

•    What an ingenuos way to be able to stop going to shows .     You sticker coins based on the set of standards you implement .    When those coins that have been stickered show up at auction you can elect to buy them .   That’s smart !!!

Does JACAC have a coin shop or online store that sells CAC material ??
  •    What an ingenuos way to be able to stop going to shows .     You sticker coins based on the set of standards you implement .    When those coins that have been stickered show up at auction you can elect to buy them .   That’s smart !!!

Does JACAC have a coin shop or online store that sells CAC material ??

CAC buys many of their coins via private sale, not just auction. No, there is no shop or on-line store.
  • @Vincent.Savage , my understanding is most of the buying and selling done by CAC is wholesale.

@totallyoriginal , my prior comment was in response to the comment just above mine by @Docarooche when he wondered how CAC will generate future revenues, since more and more (most?) coins have been through the CAC sticker submission process.
  • Thank you Gents . 👍🏻🙏🏻
  • The CAC stickering process is NOT the main revenue profit source of CAC. Buying and selling CAC coins is where they make their major profits.

I was not aware of that. That's intriguing. They must have a "hold long term" plan in place and only sell them when they are in the profit?
  • JohnTCoin said:

The CAC stickering process is NOT the main revenue profit source of CAC. Buying and selling CAC coins is where they make their major profits.

I was not aware of that. That's intriguing. They must have a "hold long term" plan in place and only sell them when they are in the profit?
    Not at all. They work on a very small/narrow buy-sell spread. So my guess is that they tend to have a fast turnover rate.
  • On what market place?
  • I mean to say to whom and from whom are they buying and selling and where?
  • I bought this coin in a November 2021 Heritage auction with no sticker. Just got it back from CAC. So I always send in coins if they look nice and don’t assume they have already been to CAC.
  • I bought this coin in a November 2021 Heritage auction with no sticker. Just got it back from CAC. So I always send in coins if they look nice and don’t assume they have already been to CAC.

Good strategy I think, and you really got a winner there. Especially considering how much I've heard that CAC is very strict on gold.
  • JohnTCoin said:

On what market place?

What used to be Coinplex and what now is the CDN marketplace. Remember that the "CDN CAC bid" is not the bid the CAC as a trading organization is bidding, but the highest bid on that system of anyone bidding for that specific coin.
  • ptolemyII said:

JohnTCoin said:

On what market place?

What used to be Coinplex and what now is the CDN marketplace. Remember that the "CDN CAC bid" is not the bid the CAC as a trading organization is bidding, but the highest bid on that system of anyone bidding for that specific coin.
    That is for sure! Way back in 1979 or 80 I needed an Xf capped bust dime and quarter for a customer.
    Soooo...I ran a msg on the Autex teletype to pay ....ASK... for one of each.
    Bango! The next grey sheet had two pluses!

Capped bust dimes and quarters.

Right to the exact ask price of the previous week. :D
  • Appreciate everyones' input. But my statement was totally off the cuff and in no way meant to question CAC as a business concern. In one sense their reputation alone is an asset and provides future capital, unless the long term plan is to simply retire. Either way I hope the question didn't cause any doubt about their viability.

Congrats! You have a good eye.