What will CACG boxes look like if they will exist at all? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

What will CACG boxes look like if they will exist at all?

I know the CACG holders were designed to fit in PCGS boxes to use up some of the many boxes already out there, but what about the shipping process.
This is one of my biggest pet-peeves from NGC, that they don’t include a box even on 15-20 coin submissions, just the flimsy cardboard slots.

Comments

• I’m hoping they come up with a box made out of a friendlier recycled material (not plastic) and it be green in color.
  • I agree with Coinstein, recyclable should be #1 priority. I always feel guilty when tossing out excess PCGS boxes.
  • I have to say that PCGS paper boxes are quite good. I would have no problem with something like that for CACG.
  • Not that I'm going to eat a coin storage box (unless it tastes like pizza), but for example, I think the edible straw solution is quite clever. It would be cool for CAC to do something new and different other than just paper or cardboard. Make their "green" bean stand for another advancement or innovation. Some sort of molded box with dividers, but made out of a highly biodegradable substance. Just trying to think outside the box. :o
  • Coinstein said:

Not that I'm going to eat a coin storage box (unless it tastes like pizza), but for example, I think the edible straw solution is quite clever. It would be cool for CAC to do something new and different other than just paper or cardboard. Make their "green" bean stand for another advancement or innovation. Some sort of molded box with dividers, but made out of a highly biodegradable substance. Just trying to think outside the box. :o

As long as it is not subjected to high heat polylactic acid plastic would be just fine. It does eventually biodegrade. It may take a few decades if not in the proper environment but not like ABS plastic.
  • I’ll disagree with the others. I’d prefer a 20 coin plastic box. When I have excess, I donate them to my local coin club for other members!

Steve
  • I try to re-purpose as many as I can, but it still gets out of hand, and I don't even submit that many coins. You can't even give them away much of the time. CAC re-using them is great, but I'd much prefer another solution.
  • I love having a lot of boxes but at some point there has to be a limit I guess.

perhaps ones made out of the egg cartons, just a little bit thicker. Keeps the coins safe in shipping but you can throw it away or in your garden and just use the few PCGS boxes as proper storage.
  • Another thing I do not like about the current plastic boxes is they are noisy as all get out. Plastic against plastic rattling around in the slots. They sound fine if you like Latin music, which I do, but I prefer not to rattle around when traveling with my coins.