NGC Said Tonight….(about CACG and the NGC Registry) - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

NGC Said Tonight….(about CACG and the NGC Registry)

2»

Comments

• Pyrite said:
    These were the coins that went in the holes that went in the Dansco Type set. Oh, had I only kept them til CAC time. :'(

Nice lol.   I think I’m going to convert a lot of my graded stuff and pick up more raw and bullion .  
  • Insider3 said:
    Mr. Savage posted:

"And that right there is the problem.   What you’re  ( the industry ) doing is wrong .  You’re ( the industry ) screwing over the collector .

You ( the industry ) should be happy that we want our coins in your stabs and should honestly access the coin .  If the coin is a 64 and you see it is a 64 then you are obligated ( morally ) to cross it over .  I knew my gut feelings were right .  Steve , I’m going back to my original beliefs .  I retract my former statement. lol 😂 

Im sorry to say but there is some real dishonest lowlife s-bag stuff going on out there .   I knew games were being played .  My gut has never failed me .   Ego should be taken out of the equation.   The coin should be graded and if it’s correct , cross it.  Being more critical because of someone else graded it before is ego .   I was so much happier when I just had bags of raw coins and bullion.

Thank God for CACG or I’d sell all my graded stuff and get back to basics .  I was far happier ."   
    Tough Love from the Atilla-the-Hun School of Numismatics: IMHO, you are mistaken. What the TPGS's are doing is saving the sorry butt of the ignorant, lazy, too busy collector from their own greed, counterfeits, and crooks! Personally, I could care less about slabs or what anyone collects aside from myself. A TPGS owes you nothing except the best job they can do INORDER TO PROTECT THEIR REPUTATION AND BUSINESS. A TPGS makes the sole decision about what they will slab including varieties! Some TPGS go far beyond what others do with regard to what they provide for the fee. Unfortunately, :( you took my "tongue-in-cheek" example (WIN!) for a coin not to cross as a common occurrence for a TPGS to make money. I'm sure you'll get over it and continue to send your coins to whatever TPGS you chose. These days, that's a very smart decision. :) 

Me :  Hi Skipper 

The points you brought up are nice .   But that’s what we are paying you for.  But we are also paying you to provide an honest service and if the coin is the grade , regardless if it’s a C coin or not needs to be crossed.   Any excuse offered other than doing what you’re paid for is wrong .   

I actually contacted Bill Cald….. the other day about picking up more rolls of raw and bullion .   I’ll pop my head in when I’m over there .
    Even though we bump heads and disagree I’m sure we’d be best of friends in real life.  
  • edited January 2023

Sorry was a duplicate post .   Deleted 
  • Mr. Savage,

I think this can be said of 99% of all the professionals working at the major TPGS's although over the years there have been some "bad apples."

"...unwavering honesty , integrity and character!"

• edited January 2023
    Insider3 said:
    Mr. Savage, I think this can be said of 99% of all the professionals working at the major TPGS's although over the years there have been some "bad apples." "...unwavering honesty , integrity and character!"

You saying that with a straight face … 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🙄🙄☀️🙄🤡🤡

You can tell what a professional, teacher or coach thinks of their clients , students or players by the words they speak or write about them.   “ Sorry butt of the ignorant , lazy etc “       

You are paid to grade , crossover or what ever other service we want.   That should be performed to the best of your ability .   You shouldn’t have any opinions about the submitters you haven’t met .  It speaks volumes about your character .    

There is a real problem out there .  I’ve received several messages and others are all feeling the same .   I didn’t take your comment WIN in the wrong context .   And it wasn’t tongue in cheek .  Because it’s the truth .   You do that a lot .   Back peddling .   The guys were right about you .   You can have the last word if you like. 
  • edited January 2023

Coinbuf said:

Interesting decision by NGC, and not really unexpected. NGC has mostly been about inclusion while PCGS has always been about exclusion.

I wish every one well and good fortune .  There was an exception once .  A mean businessman who treated everyone abusively. That’s the only one I can remember wishing harm .  Now I have a 2nd one , PCGS!    They have purposely gone out of their way to harm or damage the image of other TPGs.     In doing so they have hurt many many collectors .  This is just my opinion based on observations and personal dealings with PCGS . Notably their treatment of crossing over high end saints in NGC holders .  It’s like they’re purposely trying to make them look bad .  Anyone else feel this way ?

Hope CACG ends up making them look the way they made NGC look .  

You are not alone in your frustration with the current TPG's and the crossover game. And that in a nutshell is the problem it is a game, but this is not just a problem with the P company. A number of years ago during the time when NGC had disallowed PCGS coins to be added to registry sets, I had a few PCGS coins that I wanted to add to my registry set. Not that many, only 12 coins, half of which were CAC beaned. So, I submitted those coins to NGC for crossover, not one single coin crossed, zilch. Now I did not expect every coin to cross, but not even one of the six CAC'd coins, really??

Lesson learned, I have not, nor will I ever play the crossover game again, the market grading scheme that both TPG's use is provides an unfair advantage to the "house". There have been a few threads here about who is going to cross all their coin into the new CACG holder, again I stand firm that after being burned on that occasion and on a few previous occasions, I am out of the crossover game.
  • All this grading hoopla says that all existing slabs will disappear from memory. Like nobody will have the slightest idea what a coin graded by XXX was/is like.
    Total TPG amnesia.
    Me, I don't see that. :)
  • edited January 2023
    Mod edit: post deleted for violating rule 1. You have been warned. I have drawn the line before at personal attacks.
  • Floors all yours Skip .   

• It's always easy to blame someone else. It's much harder to look in the mirror. I've been searching for that perfect world my whole life and have yet to find it.