FUN Show — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

FUN Show

It was a pleasure to meet several of the CAC forum members at WineStevens first class and hopefully best of show exhibit. Thank you FloridaFacelifter for showing us your 67 deep cameo $20.
I viewed the Bass Sale coins on Wednesday, Bender Sale coins on Thursday and Platinum Night highlights on Friday morning.
Always cool to view awesome and very expensive coins. No major purchases at show but several possibilities for next week.
The show seemed to have a good buzz on the days I attended.
Joey

Comments

• Thanks for the report, It was a pleasure meeting you and the others as well @Coinbert !  Boy, @FloridaFacelifter pf67 is a sight to behold. At the next show, I would absolutely love to see his 1803 $10 in 65cac..😉

• We were unable to attend this year, but I am glad it was a good time!
  • Enjoyed meeting some of you guys- let’s do it bigger and better next year!
  • CAC_Team said:

We were unable to attend this year, but I am glad it was a good time!

Hmm, I think we have a failure to communicate here. Some of the CAC team and many owners were at the show. JA participated in two symposiums one via Zoom and another via the phone. Then we had 2-3 graders on the bourse floor during most of the show. Multiple owners were scattered throughout the show bourse floor. The best part was the only cost to the company was JA's time.
    John Butler
  • I highly recommend listening to the PNG grading symposium. Although he spoke briefly JA made some great points about coin grading.

What was the other symposium?
  • We were unable to attend this year, but I am glad it was a good time!
    Hmm, I think we have a failure to communicate here. Some of the CAC team and many owners were at the show. JA participated in two symposiums one via Zoom and another via the phone. Then we had 2-3 graders on the bourse floor during most of the show. Multiple owners were scattered throughout the show bourse floor. The best part was the only cost to the company was JA's time. John Butler
    John, I believe passed by you at the DLRC table a couple times and wanted to introduce myself, but you looked like you were always studiously examining some coins 😂 I did happen to meet William ________ (I forgot the last name on his tag)?  Maybe he goes by Bill, but what’s his last name again? His handle on the other forum is “hasbeen” lol 
  • Shamhart perhaps? He was there and we spoke at Seth’s table. 
  • Shamhart perhaps? He was there and we spoke at Seth’s table. 
    Yup, that’s it. Thank you 

Biggest disappointment was not seeing you, WineSteven and spend more time with Dan.

We met up at Warren Mills table .  But having Warren’s full attention we both realized we better soak up what he’s saying .  I don’t believe he gives the general public that much time these days .  As I believe he wants Chris to handle most of those interactions .   What a lucky man to have Warren as your full time mentor and teacher .

FFL, as nice as it would be to see your amazing coins , my disappointment comes from not meeting you .  Sounds corny but personal relationships and connections are paramount for me .   So Yes next time bigger and better !!!! 

Biggest disappointment was not seeing you, WineSteven and spend more time with Dan.

We met up at Warren Mills table .  But having Warren’s full attention we both realized we better soak up what he’s saying .  I don’t believe he gives the general public that much time these days .  As I believe he wants Chris to handle most of those interactions .   What a lucky man to have Warren as your full time mentor and teacher .

FFL, as nice as it would be to see your amazing coins , my disappointment comes from not meeting you .  Sounds corny but personal relationships and connections are paramount for me .   So Yes next time bigger and better !!!! 
    Definitely- we will have to do it again!
  • I wish that I could have been there. Hopefully next year! 
  • Was JA at FUN ?   
  • No, but I believe at a PNG Dealers seminar he appeared live via zoom. Additionally, I know at least one of the CACG graders were at FUN, and I read that several other CAC personnel were at FUN as well.

Steve
  • No, but I believe at a PNG Dealers seminar he appeared live via zoom. Additionally, I know at least one of the CACG graders were at FUN, and I read that several other CAC personnel were at FUN as well. Steve
    Thank you .   When I read insider3 discussing coins he showed JA I thought he might have been there    Glad I didn’t miss him in that case 
  • perhaps we should coordinate a gathering (dinner or some type of celebration) and request @JACAC to attend as the guest of honor when the new cac grading service is officially ready for the "soft opening"

i'm sure there are existing plans to have a launch event (party) for the people directly involved with the new cac grading service, but we should consider another way for all of us to get together somewhere convenient for @JACAC and the @CAC_Team (including bill, ron, john, matt, et. al.)

thank you so much!
  • I like totallyoriginal's idea! 
  • Thank you Seatedman for posting the symposium. Is there any way to view the Basic Coin Conservation seminar that was held at FUN?