You don't see this very often. (Rattlers) (Update, results are in) - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

You don't see this very often. (Rattlers) (Update, results are in)

2»

Comments

• Wabbit said:

PS, turnaround time was AMAZING. Received last Thursday, shipped today. Thanks CAC!!

Did you have to pay $35 a pop with the Regular Tier suspension?
  • Congrats! Pictures would be nice 
  • edited February 2023

Wabbit said:

PS, turnaround time was AMAZING. Received last Thursday, shipped today. Thanks CAC!!

Howdy, yes I paid the $35. Happy to do so with the speed! I would vote to keep $35 submission fees for non-dealers, as it causes us/them to stop sending all the cheap coins where a sticker does not really matter.
  • Congrats! Glad to hear about the turnaround time as well :)
  • Wabbit said:
    Howdy, yes I paid the $35. Happy to do so with the speed! I would vote to keep $35 submission fees for non-dealers, as it causes us/them to stop sending all the cheap coins where a sticker does not really matter.
    Or just keep it for dealers since they account for 85% of CACs volume, crack down on dealers with collector accounts, and cut regular Joe's a break. 

• Wabbit said:

Wabbit said:

Or just keep it for dealers since they account for 85% of CACs volume, crack down on dealers with collector accounts, and cut regular Joe's a break. 

<3

• Wabbit said:

Wabbit said:

"AGREE"

I don't mind paying whatever is asked for CAC services, but I don't see we would want to discourage collector submissions when they account for a such small percentage of the volume causing the bottleneck.
  • But we still only pay for what passes, even at the $35 level. What a deal!!!
  • Wow those are some great results !!! 😱

Congrats !!!

Goes to show grading was better back then . ( Stricter ) 

I wonder if TPGs being somewhat new they weren’t inundated with submissions and spent proper time on each coin ? 
  • Wabbit said:

Wabbit said:

This reference to “cheap” coins always has me wondering where we all came from. If the coin is pure and deserves the attention of a sticker, and someone wants to pay for this as pride in their set, why knock it. Honestly, some of my favorite coins are what you consider to be “cheap” coins. Maybe I am just content being a low-ender.
  • Wabbit said:
    Howdy, yes I paid the $35. Happy to do so with the speed! I would vote to keep $35 submission fees for non-dealers, as it causes us/them to stop sending all the cheap coins where a sticker does not , even at the $35 level. What a deal!!!
    Without the collectors of so called cheap coins there would not be a healthy coin business to support all the dealers. So cheap coins are still the backbone of the coin industry 
  • edited February 2023
    Coinstein said:

Wabbit said:

Wabbit said:

This reference to “cheap” coins always has me wondering where we all came from. If the coin is pure and deserves the attention of a sticker, and someone wants to pay for this as pride in their set, why knock it. Honestly, some of my favorite coins are what you consider to be “cheap” coins. Maybe I am just content being a low-ender.
    Do not understand Wabbit paying $35 to speed up the CAC review by a few weeks when he let these rattlers sit for many years prior to the CAC review. LOL.

Also what is your definition of a “cheap coin?”
  • I have submitted quite a few $200-$300 coins to CAC using their walk-through service so I will use that as my definition.
  • My definition of a cheap coin is one that is about the same price, a grade higher or even 2 grades higher. There are tons of those coins. In addition, any coin you are sending in that you don't think is worth the 35 bucks for a sticker? That is a "cheap coin". It seems to be working because my higher tier price coins were done in a few days.