CAC collector members: does anybody have a 3number membership number? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

CAC collector members: does anybody have a 3number membership number?

As in C###, as opposed to a four number C####?

I know it is a weird question... just trying to figure something out :)

Comments

• I became a collector member very early and I’m
    C-1399 so perhaps they started at C-1000.
  • I also suspect it started at 1000, as I believe I was among the first. My number is C-1038.

Steve
  • I was among the first five collector members. C-1004.
  • edited February 2023
    oreville said:

I was among the first five collector members. C-1004.

My GUESS is you were the fourth - the first was likely C-1001, not C-1000.

The “delay” on my end is I first had to get my ANA membership, a requirement for approval for CAC Collector Submitter status.

Steve

• My GUESS is you were the fourth - the first was likely C-1001, not C-1000.

I think you are very likely correct Steve.
  • LarryC said:

I became a collector member very early and I’m
    C-1399 so perhaps they started at C-1000.

I'm right behind you!
  • I was among the first five collector members. C-1004.
    My GUESS is you were the fourth - the first was likely C-1001, not C-1000. The “delay” on my end is I first had to get my ANA membership, a requirement for approval for CAC Collector Submitter status. Steve

My friend Bill Wetzler  is CAC # 1   Or 1001 

He is apparently a lifelong friend of JA and a cac grader .   Really good guy.   
  • Interesting. But 1001 would be a dealer number. CAC collector numbers are prefixed with a "C".
  • Interesting. But 1001 would be a dealer number. CAC collector numbers are prefixed with a "C".

He is a dealer 
  • Will this member # method still be utilized when the grading entity becomes active?

I also don't want to be annoying concerning questions concerning membership, but it has now been 15 months since my original previous request here, .... and that request was "on hold" for the previous 6 months before that, due to CAC (temporarily) not accepting any more members for direct submittal privileges.

Not that it matters, but I do not desire, nor will I, submit via a dealer and/or piggybacking with a person that has direct submittal privileges.

Hopefully, the Decision Commission assigned with this Response Task can inform me and the many members here that have also been trying to be allowed privileges, of the Final Rule, shortly.
  • C1193 here from Spring 2010 origin.
  • john said:

Will this member # method still be utilized when the grading entity becomes active?

I also don't want to be annoying concerning questions concerning membership, but it has now been 15 months since my original previous request here, .... and that request was "on hold" for the previous 6 months before that, due to CAC (temporarily) not accepting any more members for direct submittal privileges.

Not that it matters, but I do not desire, nor will I, submit via a dealer and/or piggybacking with a person that has direct submittal privileges.

Hopefully, the Decision Commission assigned with this Response Task can inform me and the many members here that have also been trying to be allowed privileges, of the Final Rule, shortly.

There is a decision Commission?

• Didn't realize that I had such a low member number until reading this post. I was accepted on August 11, 2009 with #1033.
  • Does anyone remember when CAC had its stickering open house free of charge (up to 10 submitted slabbed coins) at the CT coin show back in 2008 or 2009?

The lines were long but coin collectors love freebies!

JA no longer grades outside of their location to maximize their viewing consistency.
  • Yes, at the Stamford show, which at the time, I unfortunately didn’t have anything with me to submit. That was actually a good venue too, but short lived.
  • Maybe that is where those Roosevelts got stickered?
  • edited February 2023

Maybe that is where those Roosevelts got stickered?

I think CAC was still feeling their way as to what coins would be ones to accept or not accept.

I was not yet a CAC Collector’s member. No one was yet. I am having trouble remembering the exact month and year of that Stamford show. Hopefully Jon of Scarsdale Coins will remember as he was the organizer.

• edited February 2023
    According to my records it was October 30, 2010

Edited to add: First appearance by CAC was November 8, 2008 at Coinfest and I think they did it again the following year in 2009, but maybe not in 2010 where the venue moved to a different location in Stamford.
  • edited February 2023
    Coinstein said:

According to my records it was October 30, 2010

Then my memory must be faulty. I was already a collectors member In 2010.

I just looked up my earliest CAC submission that I could locate.

It states:

Submission:
    Received:
    2009-08-18