How long do you think it'll take for there to be a robust market for cac moderns? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

How long do you think it'll take for there to be a robust market for cac moderns?

I'm thinking more in terms of Jeffs, Roosies, and other mint state coins. I assume the market for proofs/commems/bullion may be more robust a lot quicker.

Comments

• I know I am eagerly awaiting the day I can submit my 6fs war nickels.
  • Ooh! What do you have? I have 3 so far, but only one with a photo. There won't ever be a robust market for Jeffs unless CAC realizes their mistake and also recognizes 5 step coins. I'm sure they will. As for my original question I guess no one knows. Crickets.

• Not sure what's meant by "robust", but I see a credible market forming almost immediately. 90 days or less.
  • There won't ever be a robust market for Jeffs unless CAC realizes their mistake and also recognizes 5 step coins. I'm sure they will.

I hope you are right about 5 vs 6 steps. I got the feeling not a great deal of though went into that decision. Feelings ain't facts though.
  • Very pretty 42-S.
  • Thanks mcpix.

By robust market I mean that enough coins are graded and traded that the pop numbers and prices realized mean something. For a while pop numbers will be low across the board and then some coins may be low pop just because they're not worth enough to be submitted. I think best case is 1-2 years but I could envision it taking much longer.
  • Thanks mcpix.

By robust market I mean that enough coins are graded and traded that the pop numbers and prices realized mean something. For a while pop numbers will be low across the board and then some coins may be low pop just because they're not worth enough to be submitted. I think best case is 1-2 years but I could envision it taking much longer.

When I originally read your op I was under the impression that you were talking about CAC stickering, but from this most recent reply I am now thinking that you are referring to CACG. So much is still unknown at this point, when will CACG open, how long before collectors can submit, all of this and more will affect how long before a strong and defined market can be achieved.
  • Thanks mcpix.

I would agree with your time frame but for one thing - the meaningful market that already exists for stickered coins. I believe demand will be immediate with credible numbers quickly following, certainly less that a year. I would agree that a stable market absent frequent fluctuations may take a lot longer, but a robust market to me means lots of interest and transaction activity. I could be persuaded otherwise if CACG doesn't single out coins with superior strike characteristics, in consideration of your great point about law values.
  • A robust market already exists for the few modern coins currently accepted by CAC. I doubt that CAC will ever further broaden their modern horizons.