Does CAC grading mean there will be a registry? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Does CAC grading mean there will be a registry?

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed. This is my first post and I haven’t quite figured out say, where the search feature is, or the knack of things in general. 

The reason I ask is: I’m strongly considering moving my core collection over to CAC holders in its entirety. 

Ever since Collector’s Universe became more about sports memorabilia and decidedly less about coins, my faith in the big P has been shaken. The more I learn about changes made over there, the more I think it may be time for a change. 

I may or may not be alone in thinking that we will soon see great coins in CAC holders populating the bourse, and the auction block. In time, these may be the coins that set the standard, much as CAC approved graded PCGS and NGC coins do now. 

That said, I would still like to build and add to my online registry, wherever that may be. 

Here would be nice. 

Cheers!

Comments

• Yes, there will be plenty of registry opportunities here. They will definitely accept all beaned coins. I believe they are considering allowing non-beaned coins as well but I can’t remember where that landed. .ad-slot { display: none !important; }
  • Last I heard there would be 2 registries, one for cac stickered coins together with cac holdered coins. The other would be open to all coins.
  • Last I heard there would be 2 registries, one for cac stickered coins together with cac holdered coins. The other would be open to all coins.

Even Accugrade?
  • edited February 2023
    I'll leave it for someone at cac to comment on what all coins means. It may just mean pcgs and ngc together with cacg coins.
  • As noted above two Registries, but from what the CAC team posted a couple of months ago, each one only for coins graded by NGC, PCGS, and CACG. One Registry for coins in those holders with or without CAC stickers, and the more restricted Registry, only for coins with stickers or newly graded/crossed to CACG.

Each Registry will recognize + grades. However, unlike the PCGS Registry, the CACG Registries will give greater weight to rarer/tougher dates than more common dates filling a slot.

Steve
  • I'll leave it for someone at cac to comment on what all coins means. It may just mean pcgs and ngc together with cacg coins.

I was being sarcastic. Curiously, Accugrade is still in business (in a different form) because the person behind it is now behind the MAC sticker service.