CACG Show submissions. — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

CACG Show submissions.

I read somewhere that CACG will be accepting submissions at some of the major shows which would be great because I much prefer a drop off option over shipping. Will this be open to anyone with CAC coins, member or not? The days of my collection being housed in PCGS holders are numbered.

Comments

• edited March 2023
    I have not read that anywhere, and given that from what I have read here the number of submitters will be restricted initially. And unless this happened in the very beginning of CAC stickering, CAC has not taken show submissions ever that I know of, so it seems very unlikely that CACG will be taking show submissions anytime soon. I do agree that I too would prefer to drop off submissions at a show and forgo the shipping issues that can happen.
  • edited March 2023
    John has stated that he will NOT be doing show grading for various reasons.  Basically, It takes graders away from their families, makes them travel and gives them extra hours for just a little extra revenue.  He doesn’t feel that it’s worthwhile.
  • I believe that once operations is working smoothly at the office that there will be customer service representatives attending some of the major and/or regional shows to receive coins for grading. However, like @walkerfan said regarding show grading, it will not be happening.
  • Accepting submissions at some of the major and or regional shows for grading will encourage many collectors to submit to CACG. :)
  • Seatedman said:

Accepting submissions at some of the major and or regional shows for grading will encourage many collectors to submit to CACG. :)

+1, I understand that the on site grading isn't practical, but just accepting submissions at shows would be awesome imo.
  • Accepting submissions at selected trade shows does not require graders to attend but other CACG employees could attend and can help promote CACG at the trade shows and more importantly be available to explain procedures and hand out SAMPLE SLABS!!!
  • I want the very first sample slab!!
  • oreville said:

I want the very first sample slab!!

I’m sure you and others do. But my hunch is that sample slabs aren’t a priority for a new business at this time.