How rare are Gem or better Gold Bean Saints? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

How rare are Gem or better Gold Bean Saints?

Extremely! 

Compared to the 9050 Gem or better Green Bean Saints, there are just 7 Gold Beaners, all 65’s. Not even a single 66. Tough achievement at .07% or a 1,292 to 1 ratio! 

Anyone here have one?

Comments

• The highest graded Saint that I have is an MS63. So, not me!
  • TomB said:

The highest graded Saint that I have is an MS63. So, not me!

Tom, as discerning as you are, I’m curious as to why you own an MS63 Saint and what it looks like! Is it, by chance, a date after 1932?😉
  • edited March 2023
    I do not recall having a gem Saint in MS-65 with a gold CAC sticker. They are indeed rarer than MS-67 Saints with a green sticker!

This is the only gold stickered Saint I did not make myself. I paid 2,500.00 for it in January 2023 including the postage. It looks to be a full MS-65 upon close examination.

• MarkFeld said:

TomB said:

The highest graded Saint that I have is an MS63. So, not me!

Tom, as discerning as you are, I’m curious as to why you own an MS63 Saint and what it looks like! Is it, by chance, a date after 1932?😉
    I meant that the highest graded Saint with a gold CAC sticker that I have is an MS63. :)

• Extremely! 

Compared to the 9050 Gem or better Green Bean Saints, there are just 7 Gold Beaners, all 65’s. Not even a single 66. Tough achievement at .07% or a 1,292 to 1 ratio! 

Anyone here have one?
    The gold CAC pop is seven Motto plus one No Motto. But 222 in all grades combined plus seven HR MS's with one PR. There would be even more PR's but CAC (like PCGS) does not recognize NGC HR PR's (are they truly PR's or just business strikes struck early from freshly polished dies?).
  • edited March 2023
    oreville said:

I do not recall having a gem Saint in MS-65 with a gold CAC sticker. They are indeed rarer than MS-67 Saints with a green sticker!

This is the only gold stickered Saint I did not make myself. I paid 2,500.00 for it in January 2023 including the postage. It looks to be a full MS-65 upon close examination.

Well maybe only a 64+ or low end 65? Ownershipn does seem to add at least a half a point? LOL.
  • I like it as a 65. That two-tone look will always make it desirable irregardless of number.