Innovative CAC Contest - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Innovative CAC Contest

Comments

• Mark, I considered that your offer was in Good Faith, so I just finished TTT'd a bunch of them in the Q&A with grading ops Mgr. Thread. I can add more, including the one that deferred an answer to a higher paygrade, but I am tired now and stealing the Thread (and the ADDITIONAL questions I have presented today on this Thread).

No big deal, Mark, but there is a continuity Bust, I think. It may not be intentional, but even unintentional avoidance should be addressed at some point.
  • john said:

I appreciate the offer, but I am going to CACfan you...they were probably deleted, going back to Dec. 2022.

Truly, Mark, I am not exaggerating or being humorous, with my posts. I am serious about the previous requests and time tables.

Curiously, I have only referenced one post of mine that may have been deleted.
  • CACfan said:
    I appreciate the offer, but I am going to CACfan you...they were probably deleted, going back to Dec. 2022. Truly, Mark, I am not exaggerating or being humorous, with my posts. I am serious about the previous requests and time tables.
    Curiously, I have only referenced one post of mine that may have been deleted.
    CACfan has become a verb! But I do appreciate how you seem to take it in stride.
  • john said:

john said:

No maybe ..definitely quoted. Clarity was acknowledged, because replies were received and the replies were "we will get back to you" or "it is above my pay grade", etc. Being an exasperating person, every month or 2, I would quote (again) and enquire as to status update.

I will always defer, though, to your thoughts (when logical), after a review of the written Record....so to speak.

PS: Of note, Mr. Pyrite has posted an excellent suggestion, above.

PPS: (and note I did not employ PSS, because I did not want to be accused of pizzing a sensitive member off), there have been very similar requests by 9 other members to date asking the same general questions.

Setting aside the original question 17 months ago concerning CAC membership temporary suspension) I don't think my questions here are not deserving of response for the good of all members.

You are not intentionally attempting to divert the conversation and my questions, at the request of the CAC Team, are you? (I don't use emojis but if I did, I would employ your devil and add a smiley face).
    Mr Pyrite has moved a shop 3 times over a 30 year period and can't stress strongly enough how valuable it is to advertise "Grand Reopenings."

:)
  • Is April 18's email blast a harbinger of future CAC contests? I have always been a fan of them as a marketing tool.
  • edited April 2023
    Good question. We will definitely have community events like this in the future but not necessarily contests. Anything that could be fun/helpful and provide us feedback as to what people are looking for/interested in. Feel free to make suggestions!
  • I think the @CAC_Team should also start a podcast then have contests and sample giveaways with a time limit or expiration date based on the information found on that podcast.
  • I used to enjoy David Hall's (monthly?) market report.
  • Let me guess- it was your idea? Posted in a long since deleted old post, which CAC was wise enough to read and adopt? 

I can’t stop laughing 😂

Steve
  • Just a reminder, this contest closes on May 3rd.
    Get your essays in soon!
    Best of luck to everyone!
  • Just a reminder, this contest closes on May 3rd.
    Get your essays in soon!
    Best of luck to everyone!

While I’m not entering, I think this is so wonderful of CACG to make this very special and generous offer.

Congratulations in advance to the ten winners!

Steve
  • CAC_Team said:
    The contest is open to both CAC members and those who would like to join CACG when we open. So, technically it's open to anyone! Good luck!

Can the coin be a potential crossover from a CAC stickered coin?

• All coins that CAC accepts are eligible for the contest. Exceptions will have to be approved ahead of time
  • I would love to see a picture of the 10 coins chosen.@CAC_Team
     The essay for each coin would be interesting, but absolutely understand if that is not possible.
      Maybe once the coins are in the new CACG holders it would be the proper time to show us? 🤔 Pretty exciting!
  • WilliamJ said:

I would love to see a picture of the 10 coins chosen.@CAC_Team
     The essay for each coin would be interesting, but absolutely understand if that is not possible.
      Maybe once the coins are in the new CACG holders it would be the proper time to show us? 🤔 Pretty exciting!

The line "will be immortalized on our various social media sites" strongly alludes that your request will be granted.

I too look forward to seeing the 10 winners.
  • We haven't decided on whether we will publish the essays in full. Might ask for permission and go on a case-by-case basis
  • I'm sure that the first ten will be amazing!!
  • CACfan said:
    CAC needs to charge a membership fee ($100 annually?) lest they attract non-serious people who join every organization that offers a free membership, such as the National Toenail Clipping Association.

That is ridiculous idea.    When I joined / was accepted I had to provide references and also prove my membership in ANA and added PCGS & NGC member numbers . 

The vetting process is thorough .  And who determines who a non serious person is ? 

The guy that sends in a few coins a year is probably more serious about his collection than some dealers who send in boxes to be evaluated desperately hoping for green beans which mean more money for them .   

You should pay more !   Clogging up the pipeline with 100’s of coins because there is no cost unless it passes .  
  • I do not mind the suggestion, although it is for others to decide if it would be fair and equitable...and most important I think...reasonable.

But (There is always a "But") I embrace umbrage concerning the unnecessary and unprovoked disparagement of my Charitable Organization.
  • john said:

I do not mind the suggestion, although it is for others to decide if it would be fair and equitable...and most important I think...reasonable.

But (There is always a "But") I embrace umbrage concerning the unnecessary and unprovoked disparagement of my Charitable Organization.