Innovative CAC Contest - Page 3 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Innovative CAC Contest

Comments

• Catbert said:

john said:

I do not mind the suggestion, although it is for others to decide if it would be fair and equitable...and most important I think...reasonable.

But (There is always a "But") I embrace umbrage concerning the unnecessary and unprovoked disparagement of my Charitable Organization.

perfect! Absolutely Perfect!
  • Are the results out yet on the CAC contest?
  • I haven't seen any type of announcement, but I'm not on the social media places so maybe it has been announced somewhere other than here? @CAC_Team
  • The results are not out yet! We will announce the winners here and via e-mail. I don't have a date as to when the winners will be announced but I'll make a post here when I do.
  • CAC_Team said:

The results are not out yet! We will announce the winners here and via e-mail. I don't have a date as to when the winners will be announced but I'll make a post here when I do.

Even though i did not enter, I like the above reply/comment. Thank you, and congratulations to each of the 10 upcoming winners.

Steve
  • I didn't enter either, but I would be curious to learn how many entries were received.
  • CAC_Team said:

The results are not out yet! We will announce the winners here and via e-mail. I don't have a date as to when the winners will be announced but I'll make a post here when I do.

Great! Thanks for the update. :)
  • Thanks for the support! We received more than 100 entries, so we are ecstatic about the excitement it has generated.
  • CAC_Team said:

Thanks for the support! We received more than 100 entries, so we are ecstatic about the excitement it has generated.

Wow I figured there would be number of submissions but that is more than I was guessing. Great to hear but I imagine it will take some time to go through that many submissions.
  • The process is coming along more quickly than I thought it would. We will be contacting winners to send in their coins pretty soon!
  • Thank you for the update on the contest
  • Thank you CAC_Team.
  • Thanks CAC_Team.  Look forward to seeing the winners.  Would it be possible also to see some of the runner ups?  With more than 100 entries there have still got to be some really cool stories to read!
  • Good question! We are still debating how much to divulge from each author but this might be done on a case by case basis. Regardless, there will be lots of essays for everyone to read!
  • edited May 2023
    Have all the winners already been chosen and contacted?
  • Any updates on the essay contest? Would love to see the slabs and the labeling on these first coins.
  • All the coins have made it to Virginia so now it’s just a matter of grading them and putting the essays together somewhat cohesively
  • CAC_Team said:

All the coins have made it to Virginia so now it’s just a matter of grading them and putting the essays together somewhat cohesively

If they haven't been graded yet, are they really the first ten then?

I ask because it's been clear that graded coins have been appearing in the CACG census for quite some time now. If the essay coins have to be graded still, then their status as the first ten graded would be merely symbolic, at least that's how I would see it.
  • They are indeed the first coins graded. This will make more sense once we can announce it 
  • CAC_Team said:
    They are indeed the first coins graded. This will make more sense once we can announce it 
    I’m very confused now, but I guess more will be revealed in time. Looking forward to seeing them!