Soft opening details - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Soft opening details

2»

Comments

• MarkFeld said:

oldabe said:

The aforementioned thread has been there for over two weeks, over 2k views. Now on page 2. The title alone should have caused it to be immediately deleted. Selective enforcement of their own rule. Nice.

I just revisited that thread again, briefly and saw very little bashing of NGC. I think I’ve seen more PCGS bashing here, than NGC bashing in that thread.
    Agree, borderline call. Another CACG thread has popped up.
  • My only question which might be more appropriate for the CAC staff to answer is the following.

Can I deliver a sentimental circulated raw 1922 Saint to the Bedminster location to be graded and slabbed?
  • edited May 2023
    oreville said:

My only question which might be more appropriate for the CAC staff to answer is the following.

Can I deliver a sentimental circulated raw 1922 Saint to the Bedminster location to be graded and slabbed?

CACG should answer for themselves, but would that be done just to save shipping costs at the front end by physically bringing your coin to NJ? For purposes of where in line your coin would be for grading, would it be based on when CACG actually receives your coin in Virginia Beach, as I believe it should be, or do you feel that when you drop it off at CAC in NJ that should allow a cut in line based on that drop off date and time?

Steve
  • oreville said:

My only question which might be more appropriate for the CAC staff to answer is the following.

CACG should answer for themselves, but would that be done just to save shipping costs at the front end by physically bringing your coin to NJ? For purposes of where in line your coin would be for grading, would it be based on when CACG actually receives your coin in Virginia Beach, as I believe it should be, or do you feel that when you drop it off at CAC in NJ that should allow a cut in line based on that drop off date and time?

Steve
    Those seem like reasonable questions. However, regardless of the reason(s), shouldn’t the coins be submitted to the same place as other submitters are instructed to submit?
  •  On breaking rule #4 …,  I’ve seen this policy before and it usually doesn’t fare well long term .   It’s a policy for those dealing from weakness , fear , anger and a host of other negatively based reasons .    It’s petty .    When a company has great foundation , clear purpose in their mission statement and strong management they deal from a position of strength and pay no attention to the chaff.   As they are in no danger of losing their market share , customer loyalty or revenue.    However when a company has short comings , weak management, respond and react instead of lead they’re showing their weakness and vulnerability.    I’ve seen it in the firearms industry , automotive and manufacturing segments as well .   It’s a people / human factor issue. 
  • CAC accepted the coin in NJ. Did not request special favor.