Will there be CACG imaging? - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Will there be CACG imaging?

Comments

• Congratulations! The images on your website are impressive. Are you planning to offer a service that permits imaging coins encapsulated in old holders?

Looking forward to getting some coins imaged.
  • @jtlee321 Thanks for posting! I am sure things down there are extremely busy but am excited to see how this goes!
  • @CAC_Team It is busy, but it’s a good kind of busy!  The team down here is phenomenal, a real numismatic Dream Team.  I can’t wait to see this incredible machine that we are building down here start to fire up!
  • @Seatedman Thank you!  It’s a real dream job.  I feel very fortunate to be part of this amazing team.

Sorry I can’t answer your question regarding photographing older holders, as I don’t have an answer for you at this time.  Sorry to be vague, but hopefully we can answer that in the near future.
  • jtlee321 very, very nice, impressive, looks like Cacg chose the right photographer for the job.
  • Wow Justin! This is amazing news! I'm glad to see CAC recognized your photography skills! Do keep posting on the forums!
  • jtlee321 said:

Hello everyone! I have not posted in here for a while, I've been very busy lately (for a GREAT reason). I wanted to let you know, that I was brought on board by @CAC_Ops at CAC Grading to setup and run the imaging department. While I can't get into a lot of details or answer everyone's questions (I know there are a lot), I do want to say that I am excited with the direction that the imaging department is going.

Some of you may be familiar with my work, for those that are not here is a link to my website www.justinleephoto.com. While my website is still active, I am not accepting submissions for photography. I want to be clear with that regard. But, you can view some examples of my work there as well as in some of the threads on this and other forums.

I hope this can give a little clarity on the subject of this thread.

Congratulations, Justin!
  • @WilliamJ, @Zoins, @MarkFeld Thank you very much! I feel very fortunate to be given the opportunity I have. It's a big undertaking moving my family across the country, but one that I feel is very much worth it. They are just as excited as I am regarding starting this new chapter in our lives.
  • Congratulations! Looking forward to having you photograph my coins!
  • @jtlee321

Are you considering doing slab shots? Congrats on the appointment!
  • Everyone seems to have forgotten about NGC's amazing new photography introduced last year. It is far more realistic than PCGS's.
  • CACfan said:

Everyone seems to have forgotten about NGC's amazing new photography introduced last year. It is far more realistic than PCGS's.

I'm afraid I will have to disagree. Their photos often introduce far too much reflection to the coin, making them all look cleaned. However, NGC's slab shots are improving considerably, and are quite good.
  • FlyingAl said:

@jtlee321

Are you considering doing slab shots? Congrats on the appointment!

Stay tuned....
  • jtlee321 said:
    Hello everyone! I have not posted in here for a while, I've been very busy lately (for a GREAT reason). I wanted to let you know, that I was brought on board by @CAC_Ops at CAC Grading to setup and run the imaging department. While I can't get into a lot of details or answer everyone's questions (I know there are a lot), I do want to say that I am excited with the direction that the imaging department is going. Some of you may be familiar with my work, for those that are not here is a link to my website www.justinleephoto.com. While my website is still active, I am not accepting submissions for photography. I want to be clear with that regard. But, you can view some examples of my work there as well as in some of the threads on this and other forums. I hope this can give a little clarity on the subject of this thread.
    This is excellent and makes me even more excited for the launch.  
  • @jtlee321 congratulations, Justin. I came across your site in the past and was really impressed/inspired. Tried to find you on Instagram, but wasn't confident I found the right account. This sounds like a dream job for you. I'm definitely envious.
  • @jtlee321, congratulations Justin! The photo department will be in good hands with you in the room. Look forward to seeing more of your work.
  • @jtlee321 congratulations, Justin. I came across your site in the past and was really impressed/inspired. Tried to find you on Instagram, but wasn't confident I found the right account. This sounds like a dream job for you. I'm definitely envious.

Thank you! It most certainly is a dream job. I am very excited for the future.
  • robec1347 said:

@jtlee321, congratulations Justin! The photo department will be in good hands with you in the room. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thank you Bob! I really appreciate your support.
  • The photographers at NGC, PCGS, Heritage, Stacks, and Legend are all accomplished photographers. Every year the images improve. Each group has the same challenge. Which is, the time required to photograph any coin well does not scale to shooting 1000 per day. The necessary compromises mean that many images will fall short of the true in hand experience. Behind every photograph from all the grading services and auction houses is a photographer who wishes they had more time to do a better job.
    After 45 plus years shooting everything from The Jefferson Airplane to Jefferson nickels, I know it's not uncommon to spend a couple hours to get the perfect shot. Justin, I'm sure we all wish you the very best. You certainly have the skill set.
    Have a good shoot.
    Tim
  • I admit I was hoping Todd Pollock would be involved somehow.  But congratulations, Justin - your work looks great and you seem to have a great attitude for a very important job.