Get Your Modern CACG First Slab Plastic Here…for $$$$$$ — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Get Your Modern CACG First Slab Plastic Here…for $$$$$$

Comments

• My favorite part is that they blurred out the fake serial number that very clearly says "12345678" :D :D :D
  • That is original.....
  • So, what happened to the essay contest to determine the first 10 coins graded? Wouldn't those coins technically be the first "group of coins" graded and "first delivery"? If this RCTV offering is legit, it raises some questions.
  • Seems expensive 
  • Only $5795.!!! Hey Vincent, How many dozen should we buy?
  • So, what happened to the essay contest to determine the first 10 coins graded? Wouldn't those coins technically be the first "group of coins" graded and "first delivery"? If this RCTV offering is legit, it raises some questions.

I believe the “First Delivery” language refers specifically to 2023 $50 Gold Eagles and doesn't preclude other types of coins having been graded before them.
  • just marketing buzz words. The contest's winners will be the first batch. We have identified and contacted all of our winners and will be making an announcement soon!
  • MarkFeld said:

So, what happened to the essay contest to determine the first 10 coins graded? Wouldn't those coins technically be the first "group of coins" graded and "first delivery"? If this RCTV offering is legit, it raises some questions.

I believe the “First Delivery” language refers specifically to 2023 $50 Gold Eagles and doesn't preclude other types of coins having been graded before them.
    When I read, "These 'First Delivery' coins will always hold their pedigree as the first group of coins graded by CACG," to me it sounds like RCTV is claiming that their coins are the first to ever be graded by CACG, and will be the first delivered to customers, giving them special status. So, different than NGC/PCGS 'First/Early Release or First Strike' labeling. @CAC_Team just confirmed the contest winners' coins are the first coins being graded, so RCTV's marketing language isn't accurate or is, at the very least, misleading (at least in my opinion).
  • @CAC_Team Are you putting "First Delivery" on coins for the coins that are graded in the beginning? If so, how many coins will have the "First Delivery" label? I hope this is not the case where you are letting RCTV and others just put whatever they want on the labels and create fake scarcity.
  • I think it's great to put something like this on the first 10 coins graded (or 100 graded) for collectors to have. But doing something like this where dealers like RCTV get to fleece their customers for this fake scarcity seems counter to CACG's mission on doing what's best for collectors. Just my 2 cents.
  • I think it's great to put something like this on the first 10 coins graded (or 100 graded) for collectors to have. But doing something like this where dealers like RCTV get to fleece their customers for this fake scarcity seems counter to CACG's mission on doing what's best for collectors. Just my 2 cents.

I was surprised and disappointed to see the picture of that label.
  • I'm having a very hard time seeing how this doesn't seriously dilute the CAC brand.

If nothing else, how are they going to come even close to handling the avalanche of modern coins like this and still handle the vintage coins in a timely fashion? Don't they have the same number of graders at CACG as at CAC stickering? And they've had a hard time just keeping up in the stickering business. Have they hired a bunch more graders at CACG beyond the initial hires? And if so, are they all really CAC-caliber graders?

Not to mention that kind of marketing by the likes of RCTV does not help the quality of the brand one bit.

I'm very puzzled.
  • As others have said, it seems this tarnishes the brand before the brand even gets started, especially by using the likes of RCTV that consistently over charges for items sold.

I’m also curious about the possible false sense of scarcity with these. How many will be produced like this? Will this be done for a certain period of time across multiple sellers? How will these labels differ from the initial 10?
  • The coin pictured has been photo-shopped and not an actual encapsulated coin. The essay contest will be the first coins graded and noted on the label.  Some time next week we will be “ slabbing “ statehood quarters for samples as we’d like to train the staff with non-numismatic coins. When the training is complete, we will start with the essay contest coins. JA
  • JACAC said:

The coin pictured has been photo-shopped and not an actual encapsulated coin. The essay contest will be the first coins graded and noted on the label.  Some time next week we will be “ slabbing “ statehood quarters for samples as we’d like to train the staff with non-numismatic coins. When the training is complete, we will start with the essay contest coins. JA

@JACAC Other than the essay contests winning coins, will any other slabs have something like "First Delivery" or will the rest of the slabs all look the same?
  • JACAC said:

The coin pictured has been photo-shopped and not an actual encapsulated coin. The essay contest will be the first coins graded and noted on the label.  Some time next week we will be “ slabbing “ statehood quarters for samples as we’d like to train the staff with non-numismatic coins. When the training is complete, we will start with the essay contest coins. JA

@JACAC Other than the essay contests winning coins, will any other slabs have something like "First Delivery" or will the rest of the slabs all look the same?
    It looks like there will be a lot from the TV seller.
    https://www.rarecollectiblestv.com/coins/cacg-graded.html
  • MarkFeld said:

I think it's great to put something like this on the first 10 coins graded (or 100 graded) for collectors to have. But doing something like this where dealers like RCTV get to fleece their customers for this fake scarcity seems counter to CACG's mission on doing what's best for collectors. Just my 2 cents.

I was surprised and disappointed to see the picture of that label.
    +1
  • edited June 2023
    Yeah, I was extremely surprised and disappointed. I hope they change their minds about doing this.

If RCTV wants to do this marketing stunt, they can put their own "First Delivery" stickers on CACG slabs and the market can decide what kind of value that adds. But CACG shouldn't do this themselves and let RCTV make money off of CACG's reputation. It's a big misstep by CACG if you ask me. Hope I'm wrong and CACG is not adding this to their labels.
  • Perhaps RCTV is a big investor into Cacg?
  • WilliamJ said:

Perhaps RCTV is a big investor into Cacg?

That's even worse if that's the case. It means they are putting investors interest ahead of collectors interest.