Crowns of the World - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Crowns of the World

Comments

• edited May 2022
    Simple short-sighted selfishness on your part. World minors a separate topic?
    A pathetically piss-poor precedent on the moderator's part.
    How about stamps? Are they OK?

Stamps? Really?
    Bottle Caps are collectable.
    Beanie Babies?
    Errors?
    Cockroaches?
    Crickets?
    Coprolite?

@CAC_Team. you just got played. :'(

Mod edit: User was temporarily banned for this post (2 days)
    I told you not to derail this thread.
  • This a beauty and very scarce ....oh and a pop 1, PCGS 64+

• edited May 2022
    Look for an article on my CAP & RAYS 8 REALES registry wriiten by Josh McMorrow Hernandez in an upcoming PCGS Rare Coin Market Report;

Joshua McMorrow-Hernandez is Editor-in-Chief of Rare Coin Market Report and has been a numismatic writer and editor for more than a decade and has won three Numismatic Literary Guild awards.

This coin is one of two that will be featured from my registry ....from the Clyde Hubbard collection:
    PCGS 63 none finer.

• Beautiful coins @Bidask . What exactly is a "crown"? When you say "crowns of the world"
  • JohnTCoin said:

Beautiful coins @Bidask . What exactly is a "crown"? When you say "crowns of the world"

A silver dollar size coin....also must be silver! There are classic crowns and modern crowns.
    I like the older classic crowns.
    If interested you can begin by collecting crowns form a certain country or crowns from different countries....you can follow the pops
    in both PCGS and NGC for any particular crown/country.
    Also check auction records if you get into it.

Apply your grading skills that you developed collecting Morgan dollars .....originality, luster, strike , etc ......you can do it ! :)
  • Bought some nice ones recent CSNA Heritage auctions including the above all pop 1

Respectively 

PCGS 66+ 
    PCGS 65+

• Modern Crown commemorating when the Ukrainians and Russia fought and won a battle against the Germans in WWII.
    Sad whats happening to day.

Mintage 1500 though some were melted.....

• Has anyone else noticed that none of these foreign coins have been conserved? Dipping must be an American thing.
  • edited May 2022
    This one was dipped in the ocean 🙂
    I bought it raw about 20 years ago, sorta like the old coin.
  • WilliamJ said:

This one was dipped in the ocean 🙂
    I bought it raw about 20 years ago, sorta like the old coin.

The ocean probably did less damage to that coin than Jeweluster did to a few of my silver coins. I sometimes got carried away with my favorite thiocarbamide/sulfuric acid solution.
  • Just analyzing cleaned or not for sticker requirement could be good.
  • 1794 100 Stivers Maastricht siege crown 
    PCGS 58 top pop
  • Ever since selling my entire US coin collection ( the DW collection ) thru Legend Auctions in November 2016 I have been focused mostly on acquiring CAP & Rays 8 reales....

The two shown in this article came from Clyde Hubbard.

Thought some of you might be interested ..... :)

• Bidask said:
    Ever since selling my entire US coin collection ( the DW collection ) thru Legend Auctions in November 2016 I have been focused mostly on acquiring CAP & Rays 8 reales.... The two shown in this article came from Clyde Hubbard. Thought some of you might be interested ..... :)

I find it very interesting.   I also admire your collecting achievements .   Reading this thread kind of has me wishing I’d had held onto my collection.   But at the time I sold them I wasn’t much into them .  🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🙈

I look forward to reading the article . 
  • I'm having a REALLY tough time finding new and INTERESTING foreign coins.
    Bored to tears with US coins like the Liberty head gold.
  • I found one. :)

• looks original