Crowns of the World - Page 4 โ€” Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Crowns of the World

Comments

• This is a monster ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• B) very scarce early date pop one both services
  • Is it a reasonable assumption that CAC would first start off with a CAC stickering service before plunging into full scale CACG grading of foreign coins?

I would also assume that CACG would first expand into grading fractional gold before grading foreign coins?
  • oreville said:

Is it a reasonable assumption that CAC would first start off with a CAC stickering service before plunging into full scale CACG grading of foreign coins?

I would also assume that CACG would first expand into grading fractional gold before grading foreign coins?

One of the problems you will experience with world coins is the difference in grading standards between different countries. I hesitate to even ascribe a solid grade on a world coin available to overseas buyers. The best one I can give was an ANACS graded Aussie coin at AU50. I described the coin as XF on ebay. The buyer was in Australia and filed a SNAD against me. He said the coin was only VF and only worth XXX. He shot himself in the foot because his XXX was less than what he won the coin for! Ebay ruled in my favor!
  • It is not the difficult in my opinion.
    Excellent graders can spot a coin with cleaning, spot removal, tooling etc just as with US coins.

In addition they know when they see a coin with great luster, nice surfaces , great toning etc,....the only additional learning curve a grader might have to learn would be to understand the strikes of a particular series given centuries old methods of producing coins at different mints.

Valuing foreign is another matter.

• Bidask said:

It is not the difficult in my opinion.
    Excellent graders can spot a coin with cleaning, spot removal, tooling etc just as with US coins.

In addition they know when they see a coin with great luster, nice surfaces , great toning etc,....the only additional learning curve a grader might have to learn would be to understand the strikes of a particular series given centuries old methods of producing coins at different mints.

Valuing foreign is another matter.

And there lies the biggest problem. Since grade affects price almost more than anything else, it's a conundrum.
    The market for world coins is much smaller than for US coins and any complications rising from grade disparity would be magnified to an extent that it would drive people away.
    AUTHENTICATE world coins but leave the grading as it is. B)
  • Gold for a change of pace. ;)

• edited November 2023
    Here are a few
  • GAWRSH !!!! <3 <3
  • Here is a newp from the recent NYINC : 

Mintage 100

• @bidask will appreciate these:

• Bidask said:

Here is a newp from the recent NYINC : 

Mintage 100

That picture does that coin no justice, I was mesmerized by that coin at Stuart Levine's table at FUN. You bought it from CRO right? In hand that coin is AMAZING!
  • Bidask said:

Mintage 100

That picture does that coin no justice, I was mesmerized by that coin at Stuart Levine's table at FUN. You bought it from CRO right? In hand that coin is AMAZING!
    Sad how poor new PCGS TV photos are now!!!
  • oreville said:

Mintage 100

Yes, they are all atrocious lately.

• oreville said:

Bidask said:

Mintage 100

Yes, they are all atrocious lately.

You can blame greedy cooperate greed. The money mongers are ruining a great business not to mention pushing a woke attitude when they can! I shake my head in disgust and wonder how America has become the way it has when I read some of the crap on the forum over there! Especially the nit picking, biased moderation! I can't imagine what life will be like for you when you reach my age. I would be surprised if you are or would be able to legally own that nice slug you just bought. :s
  • Pillars said:

@bidask will appreciate these:

I sure do...what I love about your crown/SA collection is the total originality!