Concerns about FUN attendance - Page 3 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Concerns about FUN attendance

13»

Comments

• The reports I am getting from dealers are all 100% positive and they are having good shows. However, they are holding their breaths to see who will attend today. 

The only neg I heard, people were maskless in many areas
  • edited January 2022
    Glad to hear the about the positive show reports! I'm looking forward to some posts.

I'm not surprised that many people were maskless. People have different perspectives on the need for masks. I was just at a Chick-fil-A that was packed with people, all maskless. Those people might think being masked is a negative.
  • Well, I attended FUN, flying cross country both ways. Lotsa dealers & collectors / the general public not wearing masks and presumably in no-vacc Fla state the attending public not even vaccinated.
    I wore my mask quite often. Came home healthy - no ill effects. If I caught omicron,
    I have no symptoms. On to March Balto
    God- willing. Worthwhile numismatic trip.
  • Were the sales good? Were  People buying lot's of coins
  • Selling was mediocre to satisfactory. But there was little to buy on the bourse other than the usual silver dollars & gold $20’s & modern bullion- based items. Perhaps , for me, the most disappointing buying
    major show in many decades & that’s saying a lot.
  • Wow! With coin  prices on the high side seems like more people would be selling, so it seems like there should have been more to buy at the show...
  • Going by Internet offerings, it seems to me that it's only PRICES that are rising.
    Certainly not quality or availability.
    My browsing for the past year or so has been in a desert.
    :(
  • edited January 2022
    mellado said:

Selling was mediocre to satisfactory.

I'm surprised selling wasn't better given how high prices are. Perhaps dealers aren't buying at high prices and sellers need to use consignment?
  • Sold nearly everything I took with strong prices offered. Bought 5 pieces of gold for my type set and brought home cash. Never seen Dealers so motivated to buy.
  • Sold nearly everything I took with strong prices offered. Bought 5 pieces of gold for my type set and brought home cash. Never seen Dealers so motivated to buy.

Glad to hear it! Bringing home cash is a great thing!
  • Hopefully by next year things will be ironed out.
This discussion has been closed.