CACG Unveils New Holders — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

CACG Unveils New Holders

edited November 2022 in General
Last month, we asked our community what they wanted in a holder, and we believe we have delivered. You will find below images of the new holders CAC Grading plans to use upon opening.  We would like to thank all our members who have supported us over the years and provided us with valuable feedback as we could not have done this alone. Let us know what you think!

Coin images courtesy of Justin Lee

Thank you,
CAC Team

Comments

• They look good, nice and clean. I’ll be curious to see a physical example of one next year.
  • Dear CAC Team,
    The new coin holders appear to show "all" of the coin. The obverse, reverse, and more of the edge. The white looking three edge holders offset with the colorful green CAC color label makes this holder look professional. The attention to detail reflects the thought process in the design of this coin holder. The coin images by Justin Lee are attractive. This is an exciting time for coin collectors.

Sincerely,

Larry
  • Does this represent a new holdered coin (submitted raw)? Or a legacy stickered crossover?
  • i like how it looks and i hope it works as well as it should
  • Very impressed with the new holder design. Thanks to the CAC team for the update.
  • Why are the prongs not clear? I would like to view the entire edge.
  •  CACfan said:
    Why are the prongs not clear? I would like to view the entire edge.
    +1
  • What does the 12 after the S/N represent?
  • CACfan said:

I think they wanted some contrast so the coin stands out better and also because it doesn't resemble a PCGS slab as much.
  • Will there be one without a CAC sticker as well ?....or has the whole legacy/previously stickered coins thing gone away?
  • NicNic
    edited November 2022
    SeatedNut said:

CACfan said:

+1

+2
  • Coinstein said:

CACfan said:

I think they wanted some contrast so the coin stands out better and also because it doesn't resemble a PCGS slab as much.
    MY REPLY: CAC could have made the PRONGS clear while making the rest of the ring its current white. This is 2022, so the technology is definitely there. Ironically, CAC has stated that they will not cross over non-NGC/PCGS coins in their holders because they cannot view the edges. Oh, the unintended hypocrisy.
  • Not disagreeing, just speculating on why they went this route. Just noticed the courtesy to Justin which is cool.
  • +3. I think the white prongs look clunky and block viewing of the edge of the coin. I guess the insert (apart from the prongs) is ok being white but I agree with others that the prongs should be clear.
    Nic said:

SeatedNut said:

CACfan said:

+1
    +2

• Notice that the Carter CAC character wears glasses like all of the real CAC graders do, LOL.
  • Just to clarify, the core is a clear material (not white). The prongs are polished clear, while the ring has a frosted appearance. Again, nothing about the core is white.
  • edited November 2022
    CAC_Ops said:

Just to clarify, the core is a clear material (not white). The prongs are polished clear, while the ring has a frosted appearance. Again, nothing about the core is white.

That’s reassuring, especially for smaller coins where the prongs are more pronounced. I really dislike the NGC holders due to this feature.
  • CAC_Team said:
    Last month, we asked our community what they wanted in a holder, and we believe we have delivered. You will find below images of the new holders CAC Grading plans to use upon opening.  We would like to thank all our members who have supported us over the years and provided us with valuable feedback as we could not have done this alone. Let us know what you think! Coin images courtesy of Justin Lee Thank you, CAC Team

Thank you for moving the sticker to the front. That was a big help. The QR will be very nice as well. 

Will that white ring be on all series coins? I’m wondering how it will effect the way light hits silver coins. 
  • Maybe it is just I am blessed with superior eyesight (my mom told me), because in the sample photo, I can definitely see the edge of the coin at the prongs, and I do not see white in the color spectrum. I can also detect the green-gray
    and yellow colors spectrum behind the prongs and behind the ring.

Definitely not white. Definitely clear.