Couch Collectibles: Youtube's Most Popular Rare Coin Channel — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Couch Collectibles: Youtube's Most Popular Rare Coin Channel

Comments

• edited November 2022
    I’m not really impressed since obviously most, if not all, videos are of coins the creator does not own. And every video has big bright letters with RARE and various large sums of money. There are enough people out their trying to get rich quick that will fall for any type of click bait.

I bet I could amass a large following if I were posting daily videos with titles like “Do You Have This Type of RARE Drier Lint in YOUR Home?!?! $32,000!!! 😱 L@@K!!”
  • The channel enthusiastically promotes the rare coin hobby. It has nearly a half million subscribers. I have no complaints.
  • CACfan said:

The channel enthusiastically promotes the rare coin hobby. It has nearly a half million subscribers. I have no complaints.

I think it promotes the coin hobby....you can see that by the number of eyeballs viewiing.

However certainly not the "rare" coin hobby.
  • Every coin featured in the videos is rare. The videos are slick and entertaining. You should be glad that any Youtube coin channel has 492,000 subscribers. Stop nitpicking.

Ironically, the channel's owner does not sell coins, just T-shirts, baseball caps, mugs, coin collecting supplies, and other products that advertise his channel.
  • CACfan said:

Every coin featured in the videos is rare. The videos are slick and entertaining. You should be glad that any Youtube coin channel has 492,000 subscribers. Stop nitpicking.

Ironically, the channel's owner does not sell coins, just T-shirts, baseball caps, mugs, coin collecting supplies, and other products that advertise his channel.

Gee you feel that strongly that I am nitpicking maybe I should load up on the 'rare' modern coins this video many of his videos feature.

Maybe your website offers some of those 'rare ' coins!
  • Some of the videos are indeed about modern coins but only RARE ones such as errors and varieties. I saw nothing about modern "grade rarities", which in my view are the real culprits and an extremely poor investment.

So yes, you are nitpicking. And being inexplicably negative about free publicity for this declining/waning hobby.

And no, my firms have none of the coins featured in the videos.
  • edited November 2022
    your promotion of their videos being about every coin being rare is laughable. ;)
  • Can you be more specific? Which coin featured in a video of theirs is not rare? I scanned through the video titles and did not see any "modern junk", as vintage coin dealers call it. I merely noticed several pricey newer errors and varieties as well as valuable vintage coins.

I am not promoting their videos. I am merely pointing out that a rare coin channel has 492,000 subscribers, apparently the most of any coin channel on Youtube.

What is truly "laughable" is the fact that the cranky 80-year-olds who post hereon find the slightest excuses to trash even positive developments about this fading hobby.

If you hate the videos, do not watch them. Inflict your misery and negativity on another forum.
  • Their website promotes the coin hobby. I stated this .

And for newbies (perhaps like you ....are you a newbie ?.....I guess ya'll want to redefine what is a "rare" coin. I will also repeat myself again ......they are not "rare" .

Oh and btw the hobby is not fading :)

• CACfan said:
    Some of the videos are indeed about modern coins but only RARE ones such as errors and varieties. I saw nothing about modern "grade rarities", which in my view are the real culprits and an extremely poor investment. So yes, you are nitpicking. And being inexplicably negative about free publicity for this declining/waning hobby. And no, my firms have none of the coins featured in the videos.
    Declining? Prices for almost every type have gone bananas in the last five years. That’s direct evidence against a decline.
  • If we want to promote coin Youtube channels, add Cointable and Dr. G. The CoinGeek isn't bad either.

Those two (three) channels are highly informative, and speak to the realistic side of the hobby. The OP channel is the more "get rich quick" side of the hobby. It's not coins that brings in those views - it's the cash behind the coins that does.
  • While I haven’t posted on this thread, please refrain from referring to those that post hereon as cranky 80-year-olds! I’m a cranky 72-year-old (with a sense of humor)!
  • While I haven’t posted on this thread, please refrain from referring to those that post hereon as cranky 80-year-olds! I’m a cranky 72-year-old (with a sense of humor)!

You young punk. :D
  • Bidask said:

Their website promotes the coin hobby. I stated this .

And for newbies (perhaps like you ....are you a newbie ?.....I guess ya'll want to redefine what is a "rare" coin. I will also repeat myself again ......they are not "rare" .

Oh and btw the hobby is not fading :)

Your naive comments suggest that you are the newbie. Coins are not common by default of being modern.
  • edited December 2022
    Most of those who post on this forum always seem to view the glass as half empty, a strange characteristic of most wealthy numismatists. I am unsure about how any publicity for the rare coin business could be negatively viewed by any collector or dealer. And again, every video in Couch Collectibles' channel touts a RARE coin(s), as proven by their RARITY as per population reports.
  • No Babes in Bikinis is a turnoff.
  • Did someone say babes in bikinis? That’s my department!
  • I'm coming, I'm coming, just wait.......
  • edited December 2022

Did someone say babes in bikinis? That’s my department!

I know a dealer who bragged about hiring an ugly personal assistant because he would not have been able to concentrate on business had she been pretty. This is a well known story to insiders.
  • It’s my job- somebody’s gotta do it!