GC Now Ready to Filter for CAC Graded Coin Sales — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

GC Now Ready to Filter for CAC Graded Coin Sales

edited December 2022 in General
I just noticed on the GC Coin Auction Archive that they have just added CAC as one of the TPG’s in their filter for coins that have already been sold on GC (obviously, nothing yet, but at least their "site structure" is now set for the months ahead). This is separate from their next line down where one can check the CAC sticker box for CAC stickered coins sold on GC that were graded by all TPG’s checked in the line above that.

Steve

Comments

• edited December 2022
    Ok I see it now … I love it .  No mess in’ around !!  
  • edited December 2022
    It’s on their website on their Coin Auction Archive, their valuable tool to help research completed auction sales on GC (which don’t show up on the PCGS Auction Prices Realized, or PCGS Coin Facts).

Steve
  • Thank you Steve for the info.
  • I’ve been using the CAC filter on GC for a while now, I don’t remember when it was first there but I’m pretty sure I’ve used it for a couple months.  

I’m still waiting for Collectors Corner to have a CAC filter, it’s really annoying to wade through all the coins on there without one. 
  • Looks like GC is prepared plenty early.
  • edited December 2022

I’ve been using the CAC filter on GC for a while now, I don’t remember when it was first there but I’m pretty sure I’ve used it for a couple months.  

I’m still waiting for Collectors Corner to have a CAC filter, it’s really annoying to wade through all the coins on there without one. 
    Dan, what has been working for years is the CAC box on the second line, which filters for sale history of coins with CAC STICKERS! The line above, which filters for the TPG's, has now just added CAC as a TPG. So in the future, after GC auctions off coins GRADED by CAC, we will then be able to filter for the sales of coins graded by CACG.

Steve
  • Also, coins for sale by different companies (TPG) at auction, GC has CAC on the list. 
       Interesting they are not listed in alphabetical order, pcgs first then Cac, ngc ect.. GC preference?
  • I guess I am sorta wrong on that it only brings up cac stickered coins for now at least.
  • I’ve been using the CAC filter on GC for a while now, I don’t remember when it was first there but I’m pretty sure I’ve used it for a couple months.  

Dan, what has been working for years is the CAC box on the second line, which filters for sale history of coins with CAC STICKERS! The line above, which filters for the TPG's, has now just added CAC as a TPG. So in the future, after GC auctions off coins GRADED by CAC, we will then be able to filter for the sales of coins graded by CACG. Steve

Ahh, my apologies Steve. Forgive me for skimming through your post without reading thoroughly. Thank you for enlightening me!
  • Dan - NO apologies necessary. I make more than my fair share of errors doing the same thing, lol.

Steve
  • This is from the GC website:

"CAC Grading - Launching in 2023
    Overview
    CAC was originally a "stickering" service, that applied Green or Gold stickers to the outside of PCGS or NGC holders. In late 2022, CAC founder, John Albanese, announced that CAC would be launching a full coin grading service and has won the support of over 100 dealers and collectors who will be investing in the new company.

GreatCollections will be accepting CAC graded coins from the moment they enter the market, anticipated to be in early 2023, and we will be adding CAC to our popular Grade & Auction program in December in preparation.

CAC Grading will grade all U.S. coins initially and will eventually expand to varieties, errors and World coins.

CAC will continue to review PCGS and NGC coins as they do currently with pricing and service tiers yet to be determined. "
  • No surprise, but real nice to see.

Thanks for sharing!

Steve
  • Super, glad to hear.