A crooked sticker? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

A crooked sticker?

I was looking over a dealers site when I saw this coin. I've never seen a crooked sticker before...

Comments

• Keep looing and you're likely to see others.
  • MarkFeld said:
    Keep looking and you're likely to see others.
    “Agree”
  • You could "lift" it off and rotate it a bit...
  • I just never saw one crooked before. 
  • I think that's the first crooked one I've ever seen too.
    Will crooked stickers start commanding premiums now? Ha!!! Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Everything else seems to be an excuse for a premium these days.
  • I saw an off center one once - the CAC in the middle was shifted a few millimeters right. Threw me off for a second :smile:.
  • edited December 2022
    Here’s an interesting tidbit. As we know, almost always the CAC sticker is on the right side of the slab. However, due to the respect JA has for Rick Snow, if an Eagle Eye Photo Seal was placed first by Rick on a Flying Eagle or Indian Cent, JA will not peel that sticker off, but will then place his CAC sticker on the left. I was told other stickers “in the way” will get peeled off.

Here’s an example:

Steve
  • I have this bust half as well. I guess this was the best thing you could cover if you were blocking something. As for premiums for crooked stickers? Who knows right? I bet if I put it on ebay someone would pay a premium lol. 

• edited December 2022
    I am happy to have a green bean on the left side too.
  • Here’s an interesting tidbit. As we know, almost always the CAC sticker is on the right side of the slab. However, due to the respect JA has for Rick Snow, if an Eagle Eye Photo Seal was placed first by Rick on a Flying Eagle or Indian Cent, JA will not peel that sticker off, but will then place his CAC sticker on the left. I was told other stickers “in the way” will get peeled off. Here’s an example: Steve

That is interesting .   Is that coin one of yours ?      That would be a great coin to own .   
  • Vince - Yes, that coin is mine. Thank you.

To clarify the point about placing the CAC sticker on the left, while that is done as I explained if the Eagle Eye Photo seal is already on the right side, the people at CAC are also sensitive about covering information printed on the label by the TPG. As such, if the sticker will cover too much info if placed on the right side, they will then place it on the left, to make the label more completely readable.

Steve