You don't see this very often. (Rattlers) (Update, results are in) — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

You don't see this very often. (Rattlers) (Update, results are in)

edited February 2023 in General
They have not seen the light of day for 35 years. Original Rattlers, original Rattler box, original receipt. Holders don't even have a fingerprint on them.

On their way to @JACAC to see what he thinks!

Cheers!

Comments

• Please tell us you took pictures of the coins!
  • FlyingAl said:

Please tell us you took pictures of the coins!

I did not. Plenty of time to do that if/when they are wearing their new stickers.
  • That is pretty cool 😎.    I don’t know much about anything but gold coins.    With that being said those dates ( on the coins ) seem like common dates to me .   But when I see those prices and the date of the receipt it has me wondering . Hmm 🤔 

Whats the scoop on them ?    Were coins selling at record highs in ‘87 ?   

Be interesting to know 
  • edited January 2023
    Wabbit said:
    They have not seen the light of day for 35 years. Original Rattlers, original Rattler box, original receipt. Holders don't even have a fingerprint on them. On their way to @JACAC to see what he thinks! Cheers! 
    Do you see any  gold in their future?
  • That is pretty cool 😎.    I don’t know much about anything but gold coins.    With that being said those dates ( on the coins ) seem like common dates to me .   But when I see those prices and the date of the receipt it has me wondering . Hmm 🤔 

Be interesting to know 
    Those are rather common coins. And while prices weren’t at record highs in 1987, they were on their way up towards record prices, achieved a couple of years later.
  • MarkFeld said:
    That is pretty cool 😎.    I don’t know much about anything but gold coins.    With that being said those dates ( on the coins ) seem like common dates to me .   But when I see those prices and the date of the receipt it has me wondering . Hmm 🤔 

Be interesting to know 
    Those are rather common coins. And while prices weren’t at record highs in 1987, they were on their way up towards record prices, achieved a couple of years later.

Thank you Mark 👍🏻🙏🏻
  • edited January 2023
    Weren't enough PCGS coins existent at that time to meet the demand. I recall ordering (from David Hall's NIG) a PCGS MS64 1921-p Morgan for $110 in 1987!

Lucky for me the postman left the Registered mail package from Hall in my apartment stairwell open to the public. Someone snatched it, and that was my first and only claim for loss of Registered mail.

The postal carrier lost his job over that.

P.S. Let's hope Mr. Steele no longer resides at that address....

• P.S. Let's hope Mr. Steele no longer resides at that address....

He does not. LOL!
  • The photo count and the receipt count, don't seem to match, but I am getting old, or I am correct, which means somebody touched sumpin".

BTW, why send in for a review? The lifetime grading guarantee is stated at the bottom of the Invoice, so.....
  • john said:

The photo count and the receipt count, don't seem to match, but I am getting old, or I am correct, which means somebody touched sumpin".

BTW, why send in for a review? The lifetime grading guarantee is stated at the bottom of the Invoice, so.....

Hi John, you are correct. The guy who sold them to me kept couple of the walkers but added a couple of Morgan CC's that are not on this invoice. I also didn't bother sending the Buffalo.

I am asking CAC to review for stickers. (Not PCGS)

Thanks!
  • I was attempting to share my famous satire wit, with the the send in for CAC review/invoice grade guarantee thing.

I failed. I will never be Churchill.
  • john said:

I was attempting to share my famous satire wit, with the the send in for CAC review/invoice grade guarantee thing.

Its ok, John. I still like you, regardless :)
  • john said:
    I was attempting to share my famous satire wit, with the the send in for CAC review/invoice grade guarantee thing. I failed. I will never be Churchill.

The key is to use as much Anglish (Anglo-Saxon root words) as you can. Seriously. That is what he did in speeches. 
  • john said:

I was attempting to share my famous satire wit, with the the send in for CAC review/invoice grade guarantee thing.

My initial thought was, he's making a joke. But just in case you were not, I thought I better take the high road rather than say what I was thinking! :#
  • They arrived at CAC last Thursday. Please stay tuned.
  • With what that dude paid, I'd hope there's at least one gold bean in there. Hope you're well, old friend.
  • With what that dude paid, I'd hope there's at least one gold bean in there. Hope you're well, old friend.

Hey Larry! Good to hear from you! If it was up to me, 2 would go gold and 50/50 on a third. Unfortunately, it is not up to me! Cheers!
  • Here are the results. I thought the other dime would also Gold.

• PS, turnaround time was AMAZING. Received last Thursday, shipped today. Thanks CAC!!
  • Very nice! Would love to see the dimes, congratulations.