Innovative CAC Contest — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Innovative CAC Contest

Yet another brilliant, innovative marketing idea from CAC. I am surprised that nobody else has yet made a thread about it.

Comments

• Maybe if the announcement had been posted on the CAC Forum and wannabe member orphans could also participate.....

( I know I can write up the Best Blarney coin story ever, and win. I am gifted in that particular talent-just view my meanderings on the CAC Board).
  • Let me guess- it was your idea? Posted in a long since deleted old post, which CAC was wise enough to read and adopt? 
  • All I want to know is when does the Board name change to CACGfan, so I don't get confused about who is on First.
  • Let me guess- it was your idea? Posted in a long since deleted old post, which CAC was wise enough to read and adopt? 

Nope, many of my CAC-adopted suggestions (ironically initially trashed by certain other forum members) can be seen in the below (and several other) NON-deleted posts. How can improvement occur if new ideas are not proposed?

CAC Trading Site for Collectors
    CAC Should Raise Its Prices
    Suggestions for CAC
    Yet More Suggestions for CAC (1.0 and 2.0)
    Suggestions for CAC 2.0
  • john said:

All I want to know is when does the Board name change to CACGfan, so I don't get confused about who is on First.

LOL
  • I wonder if they'll let non-members participate.
  • FlyingAl said:

I wonder if they'll let non-members participate.

You can ask Michael at the email address published in the email blast.
  • edited April 2023
    The contest is open to both CAC members and those who would like to join CACG when we open. So, technically it's open to anyone! Good luck!
  • The orphans have been waiting 17 months to join CAC....so:

the question is what does "would like to join" mean, because a prior comment via a CAC Team was members now would grandfathered in, and the rest of the orphans will be able to submit via a Dealer.

Could you please clarify? Thank you.
  • edited April 2023
    Another clarification, please: The 18 April announcement displayed states entries due by 5/3/23. Today it is 19 April. The CAC Team reply above states the contest is open to persons (orphans) that would like to join when CACG is open. Is a correct interpretation of the message that CACG will be up and running, allowing the processing of CACG orphans that want to join, and leaving enough time to respond to the contest by 3 May?

In other words, is CACG opening next week?

Thank you (yes, I know...reading between the jargon-I do that. I know it is annoying, but, oh well.)
  • john said:

Another clarification, please: The 18 April announcement displayed states entries due by 5/3/23. Today it is 19 April. The CAC Team reply above states the contest is open to persons (orphans that would like to join when CACG is open. Is a correct interpretation of the message that CACG will be up and running, allowing the processing of CACG orphans that want to join, and leaving enough time to respond to the contest by 3 May?

In other words, is CACG opening next week?

Thank you (yes, I know...reading between the jargon-I do that. I know it is annoying, but, oh well.)

John, have you posed these questions directly to the CAC-Team?
  • CAC_Team said:

The contest is open to both CAC members and those who would like to join CACG when we open. So, technically it's open to anyone! Good luck!

A great launch promo would be a relaxing of membership requirements.
    Instant acceptance and a real OPENING BLAST !!! :)
  • Yes......and yes....and yes....for 17 months, on this Board.

Additionally, by the additional specific (2) replies I just entered...requesting the Team to clarify, the only more direct method would be if I drove there and had face to face. There is not enough time for Registered mail, because the contest requires response by 5/3/23.
  • john said:

Yes......and yes....and yes....for 17 months, on this Board.

Additionally, by the additional specific (2) replies I just entered...requesting the Team to clarify, the only more direct method would be if I drove there and had face to face. There is not enough time for Registered mail, because the contest requires response by 5/3/23.

Maybe your questions to them weren’t clear, because you neglected to use the “Quote” function, when asking?😈 I doubt that, however - that’s probably reserved only for some of your replies to me.
  • No maybe ..definitely quoted. Clarity was acknowledged, because replies were received and the replies were "we will get back to you" or "it is above my pay grade", etc. Being an exasperating person, every month or 2, I would quote (again) and enquire as to status update.

I will always defer, though, to your thoughts (when logical), after a review of the written Record....so to speak.
  • john said:

No maybe ..definitely quoted. Clarity was acknowledged, because replies were received and the replies were "we will get back to you" or "it is above my pay grade", etc. Being an exasperating person, every month or 2, I would quote (again) and enquire as to status update.

I will always defer, though, to your thoughts (when logical), after a review of the written Record....so to speak.

PS: Of note, Mr. Pyrite has posted an excellent suggestion, above.

PPS: (and note I did not employ PSS, because I did not want to be accused of pizzing a sensitive member off), there have been very similar requests by 9 other members to date asking the same general questions.

Setting aside the original question 17 months ago concerning CAC membership temporary suspension) I don't think my questions here are not deserving of response for the good of all members.

You are not intentionally attempting to divert the conversation and my questions, at the request of the CAC Team, are you? (I don't use emojis but if I did, I would employ your devil and add a smiley face).
  • john said:

john said:

No maybe ..definitely quoted. Clarity was acknowledged, because replies were received and the replies were "we will get back to you" or "it is above my pay grade", etc. Being an exasperating person, every month or 2, I would quote (again) and enquire as to status update.

PS: Of note, Mr. Pyrite has posted an excellent suggestion, above.

PPS: (and note I did not employ PSS, because I did not want to be accused of pizzing a sensitive member off), there have been very similar requests by 9 other members to date asking the same general questions.

Setting aside the original question 17 months ago concerning CAC membership temporary suspension) I don't think my questions here are not deserving of response for the good of all members.

You are not intentionally attempting to divert the conversation and my questions, at the request of the CAC Team, are you? (I don't use emojis but if I did, I would employ your devil and add a smiley face).
    In answer to the question you asked me - no, I’m not. But it was a fair question to ask.😉

If you feel up to it, please list your various questions about memberships and I’ll be happy to try to assist, by starting a new thread and including CAC-Team in the subject line.
  • CAC needs to charge a membership fee ($100 annually?) lest they attract non-serious people who join every organization that offers a free membership, such as the National Toenail Clipping Association.
  • I appreciate the offer, but I am going to CACfan you...they were probably deleted, going back to Dec. 2022.

Truly, Mark, I am not exaggerating or being humorous, with my posts. I am serious about the previous requests and time tables.
  • john said:

I appreciate the offer, but I am going to CACfan you...they were probably deleted, going back to Dec. 2022.

Truly, Mark, I am not exaggerating or being humorous, with my posts. I am serious about the previous requests and time tables.

John, I remember having seen multiple posts by you and was surprised that your questions weren’t answered. My offer will remain open.