"Collector Spotlight - Our Own Winesteven is in the May/ June issue of the PCGS Market Report". — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

"Collector Spotlight - Our Own Winesteven is in the May/ June issue of the PCGS Market Report".

Look what I stumbled upon .  Seems one of our own has been spotlighted .   Congratulations Steve .  

See pdf :  worth reading 

Comments

• Congratulations @Winesteven ;- on the article and your upcoming wedding!
  • As I posted on the PCGS forum:

That’s an excellent article about a great collector and an even greater gentleman.
    Steve is consistently informative, helpful, thorough, dedicated and good-natured, not to mention, fun to converse with.

Congratulations, Steve!

PS - If I were a wine drinker - and I’m most assuredly not - I might have even had something nice to say about him.😉
  • Congratulations sir!! On both the article and your upcoming marriage.
  • I feel privileged to know you Steve, great article. Interesting to hear your experiences collecting and always a pleasure to view your coins. 
       I  hope your future wife is also a collector or at least appreciates the  hobby!
  • What a nice article! Well done. 
  •  I will be the first to say that i’ve learned a lot from Winesteven.    Being an avid collector and gentleman , Steve continues to impress me with his zest for living .  And living he does !!!!     No wonder a special lady is taking him off the market.   Congratulations on finding love again.   You deserve it 
  • Comgratz to Steve f,or both the article and the impending nuptials, Steve is a true gentleman who has reached.out snd helped me with a few insider tips when I was struggling. Thanks Steve! I’ve in turn shared some of my own “coin stories” with him, which I think shook him up a little bit, but I play it safe with strabgers such as a few connections I’ve made through ebay with shady characters. Not,like the guy who NGC is pursuing in court, just ordinary collectors who i trusted to do business with off eBay one fellow is a Lithuanian who I established,a relationship with led to a deal sight unseen,and,another good friend is an elderly gent from North Carolina who,completely cleaned me out of CAC Classic proof coins (36-42). It’s amazing how just talking with people weeds out 99 % of the weirdos.
  • edited April 2023
    Steve is a great guy indeed. We met only once but look forward to more meetings. My wife and I met his gal.
  • oreville said:

Steve is a great guy indeed. We met only once but look forward to more meetings. My wife and I met his gal.

And we had the pleasure of meeting the two of you, as you were so kind to host us for lunch.

As we discovered, it’s a small world, as your wife and I are each very close to two particular friends we have from up north.

Steve
  • Congratulations on your recognition Winesteven. Very nice article about a special coin man. It was a pleasure to meet and visit with you at FUN show. Happy to hear of your upcoming wedding. Joey
  • Thanks to everyone above for your very kind comments!

Steve
  • Congrats on the honor Steve!
  • @Winesteven great read! glad we are able to share the PCGS Coin Of Month article with you on this.
  • @Winesteven great read! glad we are able to share the PCGS Coin Of Month article with you on this.

Shannon - That’s terrific! Congratulations! I’m glad I had the opportunity to meet you in person at Winter FUN! You carry absolutely gorgeous eye appealing coins at fair prices in your inventory. Best wishes for continued success!

Steve
  • Nice article WineSteven, just finished reading and really enjoyed it.

Shannon - That’s terrific! Congratulations! I’m glad I had the opportunity to meet you in person at Winter FUN! You carry absolutely gorgeous eye appealing coins at fair prices in your inventory. Best wishes for continued success!

Steve
    kind words, and thank you!
  • WineSteven , 

Have you ever considered writing a book or series of books?   

You have the knowledge , articulation and even the coins / sets to use for photography. 

Writing a book instantly makes you an expert on the subject .   Thankfully in your case it would actually be true. 
  • edited May 2023
    Vince - Thanks for your kind words. I have so many positive things going on now in my life, I don’t have the time. If I make it another 8 years, I plan to sell my collection, and possibly then I’ll have time. If indeed that happens, I’ll only do it through a “regular” publisher, and not “self-publish” a book from one of those “other publishers”.

But on this topic, the Longacre Ledger, the once every four month journal of the Fly-In Society, just published in the current edition an article I wrote about my Unique Indian Head Cent set.

My submission was 2-1/4 pages, but they chose to ADD 4-3/4 more pages showing details about each of the coins in the set, along with photos of 18 of the 55 coins. They also made mention of the article on the cover.

I don’t have a good pdf of the article, but here’s a hotlink from the forum across the street.

Steve

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1091249/my-ihc-article-was-published-longacre-ledger
  • Congratulations again Steve!
  • Vince - Thanks for your kind words. I have so many positive things going on now in my life, I don’t have the time. If I make it another 8 years, I plan to sell my collection, and possibly then I’ll have time. If indeed that happens, I’ll only do it through a “regular” publisher, and not “self-publish” a book from one of those “other publishers”. But on this topic, the Longacre Ledger, the once every four month journal of the Fly-In Society, just published in the current edition an article I wrote about my Unique Indian Head Cent set. My submission was 2-1/4 pages, but they chose to ADD 4-3/4 more pages showing details about each of the coins in the set, along with photos of 18 of the 55 coins. They also made mention of the article on the cover. I don’t have a good pdf of the article, but here’s a hotlink from the forum across the street. Steve https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1091249/my-ihc-article-was-published-longacre-ledger

I’m going to look that up and read it .   Very cool . 

I hope you find the time someday .   As you have much to offer and be a benefit to others .

In the meantime keep enjoying yourself ! ☺️