Soft opening details — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Soft opening details

Check your email. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Zip email here. (not a CAC member).
    Maybe a kind Soul that has pity for the Unwashed can post on this Forum.

• May 9, 2023

Dear CAC member:

We are proud to announce that we are making great strides towards making CACG a reality. We have planned a soft launch for our shareholders who may submit a limited number of coins for CACG consideration in Virginia Beach as early as June 1st.

This initial run-through will help us hammer out unforeseen bugs in our operations so that we may accept a second round of submissions for consideration, this time for all current CAC members. We believe the second round may happen as soon as July 15th and we will follow up with additional information regarding submission procedures.

We will continue to sticker coins at our office in NJ but the regular tier will remain suspended. We plan on opening the regular tier once we determine our CACG price point and adjust our stickering fees.

Once we begin encapsulating coins in VA, we will open up the grandfathered tier for CAC stickering to all current CAC collector members.  These members will be entitled annually to 20 economy coins with 100% rebates for coins that do not pass.  Please wait for instructions on how to submit coins on this special tier before sending them in to avoid confusion.

We appreciate your support and patience as we move through this transition.

Thank you,
    CAC Team

P.O. Box 1776 ● Far Hills, NJ  07931

Phone:  908-781-9101 ● Fax:  908-781-0746 ● CACcoin.com
    View this email in your browser
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Website
    Copyright © 2023 Certified Acceptance Corporation, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this E-mail because you are a member of CAC. Please Call us: 908-781-9101

Our mailing address is:
    Certified Acceptance Corporation
    P. O. Box 1776
    Far Hills, NJ 07931

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
    You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Forward
    View Gmail in: Mobile | Older version | Desktop
    © 2023 Google
    A
  • edited May 2023
    john said:
    Zip email here. (not a CAC member). Maybe a kind Soul that has pity for the Unwashed can post on this Forum.
    On my phone so it wasn’t a pretty copy and paste effort. 
  • I bet the shareholders will do good. Cacg should prove to be a great investment for them.

• john said:

Zip email here. (not a CAC member).
    Maybe a kind Soul that has pity for the Unwashed can post on this Forum.

On my phone so it wasn’t a pretty copy and paste effort. 

Your efforts and courtesy in posting requires appreciation.
    Thank you.
  • Nice to see that we are getting closer!!
  • edited May 2023
    PCGS must be feeling the heat. There was a thread posted today about the soft launch on the PCGS forum, and it's been wiped off the boards in the past couple hours. Second time i've seen them do that with a CAC thread in the past month. Historically, we’ve always been allowed to discuss CAC, and I’m really not a fan of that type of oversight, curious where the line is now on what big brother will allow us to discuss in the future.
  • Interesting...I have my own opinions but time will tell the outcome of it all...
  • PCGS must be feeling the heat. There was a thread posted today about the soft launch on the PCGS forum, and it's been wiped off the boards in the past couple hours. Second time i've seen them do that with a CAC thread. Really not a fan of that type of oversight, curious where the line is now on what big brother will allow us to discuss in the future.

I am sure it was viewed as breaking rule #4, promoting another grading service. I saw the thread and someone else commented that they were pretty sure it was against the rules (or something like that) while others agreed with that comment. If you owned McDonald's and you hosted a forum for fans of McDonald's would you welcome people to the forum promoting Burger King? It just wouldn't make sense. I am surprised they have allowed as many threads as they have.
  • Pcgs is probably a bit nervous, financially ect... Cacg  will definitely receive almost all of my business.

• keyman64 said:
    PCGS must be feeling the heat. There was a thread posted today about the soft launch on the PCGS forum, and it's been wiped off the boards in the past couple hours. Second time i've seen them do that with a CAC thread. Really not a fan of that type of oversight, curious where the line is now on what big brother will allow us to discuss in the future.
    I am sure it was viewed as breaking rule #4, promoting another grading service. I saw the thread and someone else commented that they were pretty sure it was against the rules (or something like that) while others agreed with that comment. If you owned McDonald's and you hosted a forum for fans of McDonald's would you welcome people to the forum promoting Burger King? It just wouldn't make sense. I am surprised they have allowed as many threads as they have.
    The logic makes sense, yes. But if that were the case and the rules were enforced consistently, then the NGC threads (NGCX, Improved photography) or the ANACS threads (improved grading as of late, quick turn around times) would be wiped also. As we both know, those threads were permitted to run. Where exactly does the line fall between “promoting” and “discussing”? 
  • edited May 2023
    And soon I hope I will be able to crow to the #^$^$%$&^$&%^ moderators at PCGS I TOLD YOU SO! :p

• keyman64 said:

PCGS must be feeling the heat. There was a thread posted today about the soft launch on the PCGS forum, and it's been wiped off the boards in the past couple hours. Second time i've seen them do that with a CAC thread. Really not a fan of that type of oversight, curious where the line is now on what big brother will allow us to discuss in the future.

The logic makes sense, yes. But if that were the case and the rules were enforced consistently, then the NGC threads (NGCX, Improved photography) or the ANACS threads (improved grading as of late, quick turn around times) would be wiped also. As we both know, those threads were permitted to run. Where exactly does the line fall between “promoting” and “discussing”? 

Agreed. Where does talking about CAC PCGS Registry sets fall?😉. Capricious moderation takes a toll.
  • I am guessing that PCGS will vaporize the CAC Registry at some point in the near future.
  • Coinstein said:

I am guessing that PCGS will vaporize the CAC Registry at some point in the near future.

PCGS registry fans have put a lot of energy and money onto their CAC sets. I would guess longer term, largely depending on how long CAC continues.
  • When CACG opens their registry, which will allow all CAC coins (including NGC), the PCGS CAC registry will become less relevant.
  • Coinstein said:

When CACG opens their registry, which will allow all CAC coins (including NGC), the PCGS CAC registry will become less relevant.

Less, yes, dramatically less, I doubt it.
  • PCGS must be feeling the heat. There was a thread posted today about the soft launch on the PCGS forum, and it's been wiped off the boards in the past couple hours. Second time i've seen them do that with a CAC thread in the past month. Historically, we’ve always been allowed to discuss CAC, and I’m really not a fan of that type of oversight, curious where the line is now on what big brother will allow us to discuss in the future.

There is no defined "line", it falls wherever the mod feels like it should on any given day. There is a several days (maybe a week now) old thread bashing NGC that is clearly against the rules of the PCGS forum, yet it is still alive and kicking while the CAC stuff gets nuked.
  • The aforementioned thread has been there for over two weeks, over 2k views. Now on page 2. The title alone should have caused it to be immediately deleted. Selective enforcement of their own rule. Nice.
  • oldabe said:

The aforementioned thread has been there for over two weeks, over 2k views. Now on page 2. The title alone should have caused it to be immediately deleted. Selective enforcement of their own rule. Nice.

I just revisited that thread again, briefly and saw very little bashing of NGC. I think I’ve seen more PCGS bashing here, than NGC bashing in that thread.