Witter Coin University — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Witter Coin University

Please support Witter Coin University if you can:

https://www.wittercoinu.com/

Now accepting donations of cash or collectibles (to be auctioned to benefit the scholarship fund). In fact there is a charity auction on WhatNot today at 5pm PST

All of those selected are able to attend at no cost due to the generosity of others.

The future of the greatest hobby on Earth will be in the hands of these young numismatists.

Comments

• We are big fans of Witter U! Great initiative!
  • Count me in FFL .     Absolutely 
  • Witter Coin website just went down.
    Epidemic of expired SSL certs I guess.
    One gold forum, the Open Forum Refuge, and now Witter Coin.
    I just checked. Witter Coin is operational again.
    :/
  • edited May 2023
    Pyrite said:
    Witter Coin website just went down. Epidemic of expired SSL certs I guess. One gold forum, the Open Forum Refuge, and now Witter Coin. I just checked. Witter Coin is operational again. :/

If it were down that might explain why no one has contributed since May 13th .   I was 8th donor and nothing has happened since.    I was pretty disappointed in the community .  Hopefully that is why …… 

• Pyrite said:

Witter Coin website just went down.
    Epidemic of expired SSL certs I guess.
    One gold forum, the Open Forum Refuge, and now Witter Coin.
    I just checked. Witter Coin is operational again.
    :/

If it were down that might explain why no one has contributed since May 13th .   I was 8th donor and nothing has happened since.    I was pretty disappointed in the community .  Hopefully that is why …… 

Vincent, I think they have to manually enter the donations. There was a post on Witter Coin's Instagram where Seth mentioned he had to update the donation totals because he had gotten some very nice checks.
  • I was able to access the INSTAGRAM site for Witter Coin. Just not the actual coin website. It seems to be working now. :)

Had nothing to do with Witter U.
  • FlyingAl said:
    Pyrite said:
    Witter Coin website just went down. Epidemic of expired SSL certs I guess. One gold forum, the Open Forum Refuge, and now Witter Coin. I just checked. Witter Coin is operational again. :/

Vincent, I think they have to manually enter the donations. There was a post on Witter Coin's Instagram where Seth mentioned he had to update the donation totals because he had gotten some very nice checks.

That’s awesome.   I was baffled the numbers hadn’t changed .   Checks !!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤓😆👍🏻👍🏻🙏🏻🤗
  • We received a very special coin to auction to benefit Witter University. Announcement out next week.

- Ian
  • We received a very special coin to auction to benefit Witter University. Announcement out next week. - Ian
    Thank you for the info!
  • We received a very special coin to auction to benefit Witter University. Announcement out next week. - Ian

Hi Ian - would you be so kind as to post the link to the auction here when it is listed.  Would like to do what I can to help the cause.

tim
  • edited June 2023

We received a very special coin to auction to benefit Witter University. Announcement out next week.

- Ian

If I were a betting man, I'd venture that this is a coin encapsulated in a new grading services' plastic with a serial number that rhymes with "fun"...

(or at the very least, if I ran a new grading service and wanted to do something special with that coin, this is what I'd do with it!)
  • Great news for the lucky YN's attending WCU.
  • noahlh said:

We received a very special coin to auction to benefit Witter University. Announcement out next week.

- Ian

If I were a betting man, I'd venture that this is a coin encapsulated in a new grading services' plastic with a serial number that rhymes with "fun"...

(or at the very least, if I ran a new grading service and wanted to do something special with that coin, this is what I'd do with it!)

I can confirm it is not what you're thinking, so you should definitely not bet.

- Ian

• We received a very special coin to auction to benefit Witter University. Announcement out next week.

- Ian

Hi Ian - would you be so kind as to post the link to the auction here when it is listed.  Would like to do what I can to help the cause.

tim

Will do! It's being imaged today - and listed later this week.

- Ian
  • edited June 2023

I can confirm it is not what you're thinking, so you should definitely not bet.
    - Ian

Hahaha thank you Ian. I am thankful the only gambling I do is with the grading companies and CAC! ;)

- Ian

tim

- Ian

Thanks Ian - I will stop hitting the refresh button on my "Witter Coin University" search for the next couple of days.

Tim

• I can confirm it is not what you're thinking, so you should definitely not bet.

- Ian

Could it be a 1934 Light Motto 25c in MS65? Just a random guess :)

- Ian

tim

- Ian

Hi Ian,

Been a long week since the imaging. Did I miss the auction?

Tim