Here’s to the losers, “if only I’d hit the grading room on a Friday, I could of been a contenders” — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Here’s to the losers, “if only I’d hit the grading room on a Friday, I could of been a contenders”

Post your close calls, your near misses, your head scratchers, your lucky breaks , your ‘I don’t know where the grading money went” , your “a few more of these and I’m going back to coin roll hunting “ coins

Not sure if this belongs in fluff or grading but I’ll guess fluff

Comments

• We’ll have to stipulate that non CAC coins in this thread have actually been submitted and shot down.

• Hello! I think I understand luster now! Wow. Just wow.

• Proud of these 2 because I made them out of eBay purchased BU rolls. There’s 3 other MS65RD and 1 MS66RD that came back in the same batch from Newport Beach last year. Send them in different batches to CAC which may explain the discrepancy in stickers.

• Looks like we got the luster thing working here too.

• Here’s quite a fee 1903’s that passed CAC but that ANACS won’t. cross at 64, will it? If I crack it out and get a 63 with either N or P then it has a chance at a bean, you think?
  • Here’s quite a fee 1903’s that passed CAC but that ANACS won’t. cross at 64, will it? If I crack it out and get a 63 with either N or P then it has a chance at a bean, you think?
    Note: the anacs 1903 liberty eventually crossed over to pcgs as an md64+ and got a CAC green bean in august of 2022
  • Nice coins, and congratulations on the cross, combined with a significant upgrade, and a CAC to boot. I call that a “Triple Play”!

Steve