Received my submission results today! — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Received my submission results today!

I had sent in 40 coins that CAC received back on 4/21 and received notification of the return shipment today. Not stellar results but not terrible either, had 23 green and one gold. :)

Comments

• Very nice. My most recent was 69 in, 32 green no gold.
  • That would be stellar results in my book.

It’s obvious you have a pretty good eye for coins and grading . 

I’d be estática to get those results !!  
  • Coinbuf said:

I had sent in 40 coins that CAC received back on 4/21 and received notification of the return shipment today. Not stellar results but not terrible either, had 23 green and one gold. :)

Don't be bashful... let's see'm!
  • 3 out of 5 is not bad at all, and hey 1 Goldie. Congratulations!
  • Thanks everyone, the results were very good given that these coins were not cherrypicked for submission. I sent in all the Merc dimes in my collection that are eligible, some had been sent prior and many are in the older small ANACS holders. Plus the early dates of my Morgan collection, once again those that had not been sent before and eligible. So it was a good test of the overall quality for these coins.

While no conclusion can be drawn it was interesting that in this group of 40 I had 22 PCGS and 18 NGC graded coins. Only 50% of the PCGS coins passed (the one gold was PCGS) and 84% of the NGC coins passed. Far too small a sample to be of any relivence, but still interesting given that the submission was not a group of cherrypicked coins.

Coinbuf said:

Don't be bashful... let's see'm!
    Too many for individual photos, but I'll try and post a group shot of the winners once I receive them back.
  • Ok coins arrived back and here is a group shot of the winners.

• Nice group of winners! Congrats!

• I can't tell from the picture, and I'm a little color blind anyway. Which one got the gold?
  • Front & center JohnT.... 1916 10c
  • Looks like a very nice coin! Too bad it is not a 1916-D
  • Nice group! And some nice older holders too.
  • I see you finally got that 40-s in 67+ cac! Congrats!
  • Congrats, lets see the so-called losers too.
  • I was curious about the loosers also! 
  • edited May 2022
    Thank you all for the nice comments, @JohnTCoin Bushmaster is correct the coin with the gold bean is the 1916 Merc dime. I don't have a great photo of the coin only this slab shot taken before I sent it in, but I think these will give you an idea why this coin received the gold.

I see you finally got that 40-s in 67+ cac! Congrats!

Thank you! Yes I have been looking for this coin now for about a year, I was very happy to acquire it just last month and equally as happy that it passed.
    Realone said:

Congrats, lets see the so-called losers too.

Sorry I did not even think to get a photo of those that did not pass and already took them all back to the safety of the SDB. Most were PCGS graded Morgan dollars and a couple were head scratchers as to why they did not pass, but all are still very nice coins (imo) and I'm happy to have them in my collection bean or no.
  • That says a lot about you Coinbuf.  The ability to self grade and knowing pretty much what a cac candidate looks like !    Hell of a collection you have , Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈🍾 
  • Coinbuf said:

Have you analyzed your results to see what you are good at and what you need to learn?

Example , I learned that while I am quite good in grading walkers I cannot grade Franklins to save my life!

• edited May 2022
    oreville said:

Coinbuf said:

Have you analyzed your results to see what you are good at and what you need to learn?

Example , I learned that while I am quite good in grading walkers I cannot grade Franklins to save my life!

Kinda but not really, my collection is not so broad that I have enough experience to feel comfortable outside a couple of coin types. By that I mean that I am primarily a Lincoln cent collector, have been forever. And I have an almost complete Morgan dollar collection, but past that I only have some type coins and some gold coins. So I feel good about my ability to grade and work with those two series but not much past that. I can say for sure that the only coins I feel totally lost in grading are Washington quarters, but I knew that long before I started to submit to CAC.

I can say that from my submissions and looking at as many coins in hand that are TPG + graded, and those that are CAC approved, I have improved my ability to understand and spot the look that I often see associated with those types of coins. So I guess it is fair to say that I have learned a great deal from my experiences and submissions in that respect.
  • Front & center JohnT.... 1916 10c

Oh my... and the 1916 to boot. How nice.