Where is Jay Parrino these days? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Where is Jay Parrino these days?

He was so active at one time but I never see anything about him any more.

I see some high power Registry sets under handle DOCJP, is that him??

Comments

• After Jay P. rapidly left numismatics ( as quickly as he entered it with plenty of money from unknown sources) he became a major factor in baseball cards and this was well over a decade ago.
    I have not seen nor heard of him in many yrs despite my attendance at most major shows.
  • He is alive and well. I have done substantial business with him from last October until now. He represents a very big collector.
  • Some of my nicest coins came from both Jay P. as well as Laura S. I wished I had a bigger war chest to work from back in the 1990's.

Jay P. begged me to buy his 1943 copper cent in the ANACS holder at the 1999 FUN show. I thought they were too pricey at $25,000 in general and declined. Biggest mistake I ever made.

• Good to Jay Parrino is alive & well.
  • For sure he was a head of his time.
  • edited May 2022
    mellado said:

After Jay P. rapidly left numismatics ( as quickly as he entered it with plenty of money from unknown sources) he became a major factor in baseball cards and this was well over a decade ago.
    I have not seen nor heard of him in many yrs despite my attendance at most major shows.

I and dozens of others know where tens of millions of dollars in funding came from. No leaving was observed nor any rapidity thereof. His work this century is well away from most conventional venues. While his personal paddle only came in second in the chase for the Childs 1804 $1, he has been well (but quietly) represented at major auctions throughout that time. I'm sure he's satisfied with his ouevre. Amon Carter's 1794 $1 came out of Foxfire. That's a good century's work right there. When I spoke with his agent in Baltimore, I was told the 1927-D Saint in PCGS MS67 is available. That's another 100 years of karma, even without a sticker. Jasper's around..... :#
  • i wanted to be known as knoxville back in the mid 1990’s but Jay Parrino had the name knoxville locked up so my wife helped me come up with the name oreville.
  • edited May 2022
    i was so pleased with my acquisitions at the Childs 1804 $1 auction. I won his only MINT State PCGS graded coin at that auction plus walking out with both huge Bowers and Merena Childs 1804 silver dollar poster (for free) as Ray Merena let me keep them as they were going to throw them out anyway!

Afterwards, at the Pogue sale Dave Bowers autographed the back of one of the big posters. I felt like a big kid!
  • Does anyone know why PCGS will not recognize the "Knoxville" pedigree?